Chapter 24 - Shot

Cecily POV:
Its been a month since Xavier was inaugurated as the new don, I was currently in my room getting ready for a date Austin and I were going on. I put on a back dress and black heels and walked downstairs.

Austin was standing in the main entry way, looking quite hot may I add. "Wow." He told me as I walked closer to him. "Babe you look gorgeous." I blushed.

We walked to the car and I saw him fidgeting with his hands. "You okay?" I asked.

He turned to look at me. "Ya, it's nothing."

"No it's something, tell me." I insisted.

"Ummm it's just you know gang stuff." My face grew worried. "Everything's fine I'm just, you know what I have no reason to be nervous." He put on a fake smile. I wasn't going to push him, I know when he's ready he will tell me.

We walked into the restaurant, in the VIP section, and ate our food. There was a band playing my favorite song, which based on the look on Austin's face I'm guessing he arranged. I was about to look at the menu for dessert when Austin spoke.

"Cecily," he couldn't finish however, since gunfire erupted in the restaurant. "Get down!" Austin yelled.

He pulled out his weapon and started shooting back. I could see a few of our men down so I grabbed my weapon as well. I got up from under the table and started shooting too. Soon enough the gunfire stopped. "ARE YOU OKAY?" He yelled. I nodded. I was about to speak when his eyes grew wide. Within a second, a gunshot was heard, Austin moved in front of me and fell to the ground.

Sniper

"AUSTIN!" I screamed and bent down to Austin, he had been shot. I started to apply pressure to the wound. "SOMEONE CALL 911!" I screamed at the people in the restaurant, before turning my attention back to Austin. "Austin baby look at me," he was fading in and out of consciousness, it looked like the bullet went close to his heart. "You're gonna be fine okay? Just stay awake."

"Cecily," he said weakly.

"Shhhhh save your strength." There was too much blood. I thought to myself.

"Ceci, if I don't make it."

"Please please don't talk like that, you'll make it through this." I sobbed.

"If I don't, I need to ask you..." he started digging around in his pocket for something.

"WHERE IS THAT AMBULANCE!" I yelled the the restaurant staff, momentarily looking away from Austin.

When I looked back I saw him holding a ring.

"Will you Marry me?" I was in shock. "Please I can't die without knowing the answer."

"Austin I love you so much, of course I'll marry you." He smiled before it faded and his body went limp. "AUSTIN! AUSTIN NO WAKE UP!"

Just then paramedics arrived. "Ma'am you need to step back." I kept shaking my head no. "Ma'am please, let us work." I was finally ripped away from Austin by a paramedic. I began to sob as I saw them loading Austin onto a stretcher.

Please be okay. Please.