Chapter 36 - Escape

Cecily POV:
The door opened, and in walked Romanov and a few of his men.

"Okay Mariano's, time to go." As his men cocked their guns

"Wait!" I yelled. "I-I-I want to make a deal." Romanov looked at me grinning. "I'll do anything just don't kill me."

"Who would have thought Marcella Mariano would switch sides to save her own skin." My family looked horrified.

"Please I don't wanna die! I'll do anything, I-I-I'll serve you."

This made his evil grin grown in size. "You'll serve me? I could use a new girl to pleasure me..."

"I'll do it!" I yelled.

"Come here." He motioned for me to stand next to him. I carefully walked over.

"Cecily what the hell are you doing?" Kade fumed.

Romanov started looking at me up and down, "Of course we'd have to get rid of that." He stated, pointing at my belly bump.

Just remember Cecily, this is for your family.

I took a breath. "Of course."

"NO CECILY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Austin yelled.

"You see Austin, she is giving herself to me." Romanov yelled. "Okay men, kill them now."

The men aimed their weapon.

It's now or never.

I swiftly grabbed my knife and pressed it into Romanovs thought. "Drop it or he's dead." I announced.

"What the hell are you doing princess, save the forplay for the bedroom." Romanov joked.

"You really thought I would betray my own family?" I seethed. I looked over to the men. "I TOLD YOU TO DROP YOUR WEAPONS!"

The men reluctantly agreed. "Now push them across the room." They obliged and the guns were soon picked up by my family. "Now here's what's gonna happen: you're gonna let us go, and when we are free and sure we weren't followed, we will drop your boss off."

I looked back at my family. "That was the signal." They all looked relieved. "Alex can you watch Romanov here." He nodded and quickly came up behind him with the gun.

I walked shaking over to Austin, who's eyes shoes how much my words to Romanov affected him. "I thought I lost you to him." Austin wrapped his arms around me.

"Never." I replied kissing him. "Alright, let's get out of here."

"Romanov let's go." Alex pushed him. All of Romanovs men were reluctant to let us leave with his boss, but thankfully Romanov assured them.

Austin POV:
We dropped Romanov off in the middle of the woods to fend for himself, we then drove to our mansion. Cecily hasn't said anything since then so I took it upon myself to talk. She was laying in the bathtub, with bubbles surrounding her.

"Hey babe." I walked up behind her and started massaging her neck.

"I'm sorry." Her voice cracked.

"For what?" I whispered.

"What I said. To Romanov."

"Baby you were just acting like that so save us, I don't blame you."

"It's not just that, I-I-I said that I would get rid of our baby. Weather I was acting or not, that is the worst sentence I've ever said." She started crying.

"Hey hey hey," I cood. "It's okay you didn't mean it."

"But I said it!" She took a breath. "God im a terrible mother."

"Hey no you're not." I forced her to look at me. "You are going to be the most loving a perfect mother to that little boy. You said that sentence to save him. To give him a future."

I seemingly got through to her since she stopped crying.

Sometime later we were laying in bed together, not talking, trying to fall asleep. I was rubbing shapes into her stomach as she let out little snores. Soon enough, I drifted away too.