Chapter 15 - Bodyguards

Austin POV:
I woke up next to Cecily; she was still asleep. She looked so cute. I carfully grabbed my phone to check the time.

3:48 pm

"Cec," I whispered. She groaned. "Come on baby, you got to wake up, you've been asleep for three hours."

She yawned then fluttered her eyes open to look into mine. When our eyes locked she smiled, making me smile back. I love her so much. I leaned in and kissed her nose.

"You okay?" I asked her softly.

"I am now that you are here." She snuggled closer to my chest. I wanted to stay like that forever.

"Come on cec, you got to wake up." I whispered. "Please"

She sighed but then agreed and started to stretch. As she did I got a text from my father.

Austin, I have a urgent meeting. Come home now, I don't want to leave your sister without one of us.

"Cec, I'm sorry but my dad has to go to a meeting and I have to watch Autumn." She looked a little disappointed. "Do you want to come too? I know Autumns been dying to see you."

Her face lit up. "Let me ask my dad."

Cecily POV:
It's been a rough week, I'm still traumatized from actually killing someone, but my brothers and Austin have helped a lot.

I went to my dads office to see if I could go over to Austin's. "Dad can I—" I stopped when I saw two large men, around the age of 30, with him.

"Ah Ceci, perfect timing. These are your new body guards, Boris and Angelo." My father said.

Oh right. I get bodyguards. Fun. Not like I already have overprotective brothers.

"Nice to meet you." I told them. "Uh dad I was wondering if I could go to Austin's house, to help him babysit Autumn."

"Sure thing Principessa, just make sure Boris and Angelo go with you." He told me.

Austin and I were in a SUV, in the backseat, with Boris and Angelo in the front. My father had one of our men drive Austin's car back for him so we could drive together. Boris was driving and I could see him peering back at us in the rear view mirror.

We arrived at Austin's house, and Boris and Angelo went to check out Austin's security.

Wow these guys are thorough, I guess all bodyguards are like this, but I was never this much involved.

As soon as I stepped foot in the house Autumn ran to me. "CECIIIIIIII!" She yelled. I chuckled as I hugged her back.

"Well I guess since she likes you more, she's your sister now." Austin replied sarcastically, but I picked up and hint of jealousy. 

"Bubba can we watch a movie?" Little Autumn asked Austin.

"Um sure which one?" Austin asked.

"Barbie Magic of the Rainbow!"

"I'm down." I told them.

"Really?" Austin asked. "Okay."

Half way through the movie and I think Austin's bad boy facade was over, he was so invested in the movie it was almost funny.

"I'm gonna go get more popcorn." I told him getting up.

"Ya ya okay, just shhhhh" Austin replied trying to watch.

Okay definitely funny.

I got halfway up the stairs when I saw a large amount of men I didn't recognize looking around. I stopped when u saw a tattoo on one of them.

'кровь' it read. Blood. My father didn't tell me much about the mafia, but he did tell me what to look out for. That word, on a knife was the logo of the Russian Mafia.

I slowly walked back downstairs to the movie room. And turned to TV off.

"Hey what did you do that for?" Austin complained.

"Shhhhh" I said urgently. "The Russians are upstairs." His face changed.

"How'd they get in the house? And where are my guards?" He whispered. I shook my head, unable to answer. Austin's head started looking around. "Come with me."

We started walking to a wall behind the projector screen. "No one knows this is here except for my father, Aut, and I." He pushed the wall and a small opening opened. There was a small space, barely big enough for two people, but I was determined to make it fit. "Crawl in" Autumn was first, when she got half way in we heard the door to the Movie room open. "Hurry, cec go."

I quickly got inside, "Stay here. Don't come out no matter what."  Austin said, drawing his weapon.

"No Austin! What's are you doing! Get in here!" I whisper yelled.

"Protect my sister and yourself. I love you." He kissed my forehead before closing the door.

"No!" I whisper yelled. I turned to see Autumn with tears forming in her eyes. I grabbed her and pulled her to me. "He's gonna be fine. I promise he's gonna be okay." I whispered, trying to convince her as well as myself.

I heard gunshots and screams outside, tears started dripping from my eyes silently. I hugged Autumn as tight as I could. All I could think about was Austin.

Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead.