Chapter 12 - Black

(A/N: the suggestion worked! I'm back with passion for this book! I'll be releasing 2-3 chapters tonight!)

Liam POV:
Today was the day. We had to bury our mother, although she wasn't much of a mother, she still meant something to us, even if it wasn't a lot.

We all were getting dressed in black. My brother, father and I wore black suits, and Cec would he wear a black dress. No one has had a actual conversation that isn't about the mafia since mom died.

Ceci is taking it hard. She wakes up screaming.

I woke up to a scream. Ceci. I ran out my door, across the hall to my sisters room. My brothers and father following behind, guns drawn. As I knocked the door open I saw my sister thrashing against her sheets, tears in her eyes.

I immediately went to her and started to shake her. "Ceci wake up!" It wasn't working. I shook her harder until she gasped. Her frantic eyes looked around to meet our families. When her eyes saw me she grabbed be tight into a hug, sobbing.

I walked out of my room and went to Ceci's, we didn't speak I just watched her get ready. She put on pear bracelet I haven't seen her wear in years. It was our mothers. It was what our mom got Ceci for her thirteenth birthday. It was the only gift she ever gave her. She was a absent mother, but deep down I feel like at least at some point she loved us, and we should honor that part of her.

We all walked out the door to the backyard where our mothers coffin, was being laid into the ground. Our father informed my brothers that he found the rest of my moms body behind a dumpster I'm downtown. I guess we can take solis in knowing she is buried as a whole.

We stood there listening to the priest my father hired. He was finishing up the sermon when it began to rain. Our men put up black umbrellas to cover ourselves from the rain. We stood in complete silence, until my father spoke.

"I know you probably won't remember this but, your mother used to take you boys to the park, when Cec and Liam were still babies. I know that at the end of her life she didn't show it, but she loved you." He spoke, each word hitting us like a brick.

Ceci took a step forward in the rain, she always had a soft spot for our mother, she wanted so hard to remember her as a loving mother. She walked to the grave and dropped a singe rose on her stone.

As a family, we walked forward to join her. We stood hugging each other, grieving at the once loving mother and wife. No matter what she did in her life, she was still our mother.

We stood there for a few minutes more when we noticed a man, in his late 40's approach us. How did he get past security? I thought to myself. Before my father, brothers, or men could react to the stranger, he chucked something in our direction.

Once it hit the ground, I heard a loud boom, then everything went black.