"I'd like to point out that I am a freestyle skier, not a speed skier."

"Right.  Was running me over one of your tricks then?"

"I mean, I got to have lunch with you so I feel like I won." He gave me a big, cheesy smile.

"You're about as smooth as the slopes aren't you?" I teased, earning a gentle hit to my arm.  We kept joking around and I asked him about what it's like to compete in the olympics while we finished our food.  

"Want a rematch?" Jay asked as we dumped our trays.

"And what do I get when I win again?"  I began putting my snow clothes and boots back on.  

"I was thinking we could go grab dinner or something."  I glanced at him and noticed how hard he was trying to seem completely chill.  He was doing great other than how hard he was blushing.  

"Alright." I smiled, standing up.  We headed out to our skis, a good silence falling between us while we got clipped in and headed off to the lift.  We got on a seat and started heading up the mountain, chatting about when we had started skiing and some of our favorite runs to do.  Once we reached the top we stayed next to each other until we were right at the start of the run. 

"Ready?" I asked.  

"Yep!" 

"Go!" We pushed off and sped down the hill, flying past everyone else.  We were in tandem with each other for nearly the whole hill, Jay coming in front near the end when I had to swerve to dodge another skier.  

"Would you look at that?"  Jay spoke, his breath coming out in small puffs of foggy air.  "It seems as though I have won!  What a turn of events!"  His head bent back as he laughed.  I rolled my eyes, going to push him but regretting it when he started falling and pulled me down with him.  

"How do we keep ending up like this?" Jay teased again, his voice soft and his eyes searching mine.  

I was definitely speechless at this point, my eyes having found their way to his lips.

"Uh, I don't know," I finally mumbled, eyes jumping back up to his when I noticed the sly smirk that he was beginning to sport.  "I think you are doing it on purpose." I accused.  

"Is that a complaint?" he asked.

"Is that a confession?" I raised my eyebrows, trying to not let on to how badly I wanted us to stay right where we were.  I could feel his hands burning through the fabric of my snow clothes, making my insides feel like they were melting in the best possible way, warming me all the way to my fingers and toes.  

"I confess to liking the view I have right now." My brain malfunctioned for a moment, hoping- praying that he meant that in a good way and that it wasn't because of how ridiculous I may have looked.  

"Really?" I asked, my faulty facade dropping for a moment.  

"Really." I sucked in a breath, trying to come up with a response or reaction other than staring at him in awkward silence.  

"So when are we going out for dinner?"  My voice came out much quieter than usual.  

"I was thinking tonight?"  We both sat up, our faces still close to one another.  "I figured if you enjoy going fast on the slopes, I shouldn't plan on you being patient with me."  I playfully hit his arm and stood up, kicking a bit of snow onto his lap.

"How rude!" I laughed, bending over to pick up my skis.  I felt his arms wrap around my waist and I let out a short scream when he fell back into the powder, snow finding its way into my coat.  

"Jay, you got snow in my coat! Now I'm freezing!" I sat up next to him again, taking off my gloves to unzip my coat, finding that the snow had gotten into my hoodie as well that I had been wearing underneath.  "Look what you've done!" I couldn't help my smile shining through in my tone.  I reached for a handful of snow but was stopped by Jay's hands taking a hold of mine and pulling them close to him, consequently bringing my face closer as well.  

I held my breath, waiting for him to make another move.  I blinked and he was kissing me.  His hands released mine, sliding under my coat and around my waist while mine rested on each side of his face, the contrast of his cheekbones, cold from the wind, and my hands, warm from my gloves, barely registered in the back of my mind.  

We leaned away for a moment, puffs of warm air rising between us.  

"So, what time are we having dinner?" I asked, and Jay laughed in response.  

#VoteIfYaWanna