Trip to Spain {3}

The next morning...

"Hey, sleepy head," I spoke, poking Jay's cheek. "Time for breakfast."

"You're already dressed?" he spoke through a yawn and rubbed his eyes.

"Uh, no? Why would I be dressed yet? We need breakfast."

"Your dad and I always get dressed first."

"Well my dad and I always get breakfast first then get dressed so we're doing it my way today. If you don't like it, we'll do it like that tomorrow. Come on, I want waffles!" I put my flip flops on again and brushed my hair out really quickly before pounding on the door that led to my parents' room.

"Ready for some breakfast, fruitcake?" my dad asked as he opened the door. I gave him an enthusiastic nod and turned back to see Jay putting his shoes on.

"Mom? You ready to go?" As I expected, my mom had her hair all done and her usual light makeup on already. She was in pajamas still but other than that she was ready.

"Yep! I hope they have a waffle maker," she said coming up behind my dad.

We all headed to the elevator and had breakfast. They did in fact have two waffle makers which was great news for Mom and me.

"How's the whole pajamas at breakfast thing feel so far?" I asked Jay.

"Honestly, I like it." I was a bit surprised that he hadn't tried to fight a little bit but smiled and offered him some of my waffle which he gladly accepted. We told my parents what we had planned out the night before in the hot tub for the day and together we tweaked the plan until we had a solid idea of where we would be heading.

We headed upstairs and changed. I put on a black denim skirt, a distressed mustard t-shirt, and my adidas sneakers. After, Jay went into the bathroom to shave and brush his teeth since he had changed in the room while I was getting dressed and straightening my hair.

I knocked on my parents' door to see if they were ready yet and they nearly were. My dad warned me about the pickpockets in Barcelona and to make sure I kept my things safe. I quickly grabbed my fanny pack and took my wallet and phone out of my back pockets and put them in the pack before buckling it around my waist.

"Maddy, you look so cute in your new skirt!" my mom praised me.

"And I love you in your new shoes and dress! Muy bonita, mamá." I winked at her and she laughed. Jay joined us and we all left to grab taxis. Luckily the hotel receptionist was able to help us call one that could fit all four of us and soon we were on our way to our first destination, La Casa Vicens. As we drove, I couldn't tear myself away from the window. I was so fascinated by all the people outside, the buildings, and the bright colors that surrounded me. Jay and I pointed out funny things we saw to each other as we drove and eventually, we arrived.

The museum was beautiful and so fun to walk through. I loved seeing all the details of the architect's work. I was enjoying the view out of one of the windows when Jay came up behind me.

"Having fun?" he asked.

"Tons!" I turned and smiled at him. The light coming in through the window behind me made his eyes heart-stoppingly blue and the few freckles dusting his cheeks stand out a bit more. He must have noticed my eyes looking around his face and he asked what I was looking at.

"You just look really handsome right now," I decided to be honest. "This is good lighting for you." I closed one eye and held my fingers up in a frame trying to make it a little less serious of a moment. Jay laughed a little and when I dropped my hands and continued to smile at him, he smiled back.