Trip to Spain {4}

The next morning...

"Stacy's mom has got it going on," I softly sang along to my phone playing music while I showered.  We had already gotten breakfast and I was just shaving my legs before we headed to the beach.  I had done my hair in two dutch braids and was trying my best to be confident without any makeup on.  I had chosen one of my new swimsuits that Mom had helped me pick out when we went birthday shopping.  It was white, grey, and pale pink color-block striped bandeau top with matching bottoms.  I finished shaving, brushed my teeth, pulled out some face-framing pieces of hair, and grabbed my towel. 

"Ready to go?" I asked Jay as I pulled on some levi shorts.  He was laying on his bed on his phone. 

"Yeah," he glanced over at me, his gaze jumping down to my legs before meeting my eyes again.  "I just need my towel." He got up and went to walk to his suitcase and tripped on the corner of the bed nearly toppling over onto me but luckily caught himself before.

"Did you spike your orange juice or something this morning?" I laughed as he grabbed his towel.

"Shut up, you trip all the time." He was blushing and wouldn't make eye contact with me when he said it.

"Mines because I'm clumsy, not because I'm too busy checking out my roommate," I teased. Jay's turned to look at me quickly, his mouth slightly open in shock, but I had already opened the door to my parents' room.

"How close are you guys to going?" My mom asked.

"I'm good to go whenever. Jay, are you ready?" I turned back to him and he was still standing and watching me.

"I'm good to go," he spoke, looking like he was trying to figure me out.

"Sweet! Your mom's got the sunblock," my dad spoke.

"And the tanning oil," she said to me.

"And some snacks but we'll probably eat whatever we find nearby for lunch and dinner depending on how long we stay."

Jay came and stood in the door frame behind me, his chest barely touching the back of my left shoulder.

"Alright, crew, lets go!" My dad clapped his hands and we headed out. We all squeezed into a cab, my dad taking passenger seat and Jay and my mom sitting on my sides while I tried to take up as little space as possible in the middle. The beach was a short ride away and I found myself focusing on Jay pressed up against me, leaning into me since he was too tall for the way the cab curved down on the sides.

Once we got to the beach we all unloaded and headed to find a spot to layout. It wasn't super crowded since the temperature was starting to cool down in Barcelona but we were used to cooler beach days from home so it was perfect. We all put on sunscreen (or tanning oil, for mom and I) and as soon as I thought it was dry I headed to the water.

I walked in until the water was at my hips and admired the view in front of me. Most of my beach days were spent at a lake so being at the ocean was a surreal experience for me. Staring into a horizon of water with no end in sight always made me feel so small.

Jay walked up next to me and flicked a bit of water at me, barely getting some drops on my arm.

"Watch it, buddy. I'm taking in the view." I pushed a small wave of water back at him. He laughed but stood there for a second with me, watching a sailboat in the distance and listening to the waves.

"Hey, about what you said at the hotel-"

"About you checking me out?" I interrupted, loving how uncomfortable he clearly felt. I stepped so I was facing him.