Sideline Love {2}

"Macy! Where's your water bottle?!" I shouted while looking through her duffel.

"In the fridge!" She shouted back.

"Here, Maddy." one of the other moms said to me since she was already at the fridge. Don't ask me why Coach decided to have everyone stay in one giant hotel room. When we asked him, all he said was that it's for the good of the team.

"Carson! Caden! Are you ready to go?" I asked the two boys sat at the massive dining table.

"Yeah." They both mumbled, completely engrossed in the video game they were playing on the iPad.

"What else do you need to get ready, Macy?" I asked her as she came running into the kitchen, where I was putting everything in her bag.

"I've got my cleats, socks, shinguards, extra jersey-" she began listing everything.

"Water bottle." I interrupted throwing it into her bag as I said it. "And coach has your practice ball-"

"And I've got you!" I heard someone shout behind me, wrapping their arms around my waist and lifting my into the air a bit while I screamed. Once I was set back down, I turned to see Jay. Ever since we had gone on that date a year ago, we had been practically inseparable.

"Hi." I said, kissing him on the cheek.

"Hello to you too." Jay said, being the more bold one and kissing me on the lips. I could feel him smile through the kiss but broke away when I heard a few of the moms 'aw' and Caden whine about cooties.

"Oh, hush." I scowled at Caden, sticking my tongue out at him playfully.

"Now you have cooties." Caden said in a teasing voice.

"She'll just have to live with it." Jay sighed, theatrically dipping me and kissing me again.

"Children! Stop making out in front of the girls! They need to be focused on playing well, not throwing up from the mush!" I heard one of the mom's yell at me from across the room.

"Guys, I hate to break up the love fest but I'm going to miss my game and I really can't afford it this time." Macy said, tapping her foot by the door.

"Right." I stepped away from Jay and began picking up the cooler with our lunch and snacks in it but had it taken from me.

"Nice try." Jay said as he walked towards the door with the cooler in his arms. I grabbed my bag with the sun screen, extra chargers, and everyone's sunglasses in it.

I walked over to Carson and Caden, grabbing the iPad and pointing to the hotel door. They groaned as they got up and soon we were exiting the hotel out into the hot summer sun.

"See you guys at the field!" I shouted to everyone else in the hotel room, receiving a chorus of 'see ya's in response.

When I got down to the van, I saw Jay shutting the trunk and walking towards the passenger seat.

"Are you not riding with your family?" I asked.

"Well if you don't want me to ride with you then I guess I could..." Jay said in a fake depressed voice.

"I guess you can ride with us." I rolled my eyes at his antics.

"Yes!" Jay jumped into the car, getting the little movie player to start playing for the kids.

About 20 minutes later we had parked at the stadium that the game would be held at. This was the championship that decided what team would win the state title. There were 10 teams total and it was a requirement for all of the teams to be there the whole day. There were tents set up in the west parking lot, one tent per team, and they were set up with practice equipment for the players, a few fans to keep the air a bit cool, and huge ice boxes full of plastic water bottles.