"What?" I asked. I felt my face heat up but hoped that the slight windburn I already had made it less obvious. "Is there something on my face?"

"No, just something in your hair." He took off a glove and reached out and pulled some of my hair between us, gently untangling a small piece of a pine tree out of it.

"Thanks," I spoke as he dropped the pine needles to the ground and tucked the hair behind my ear.

"I just plowed you over into a pile of snow and pine needles and you're thanking me?" he laughed. I shrugged as a smile took over my face. "I'm afraid that just won't do it for me. Let me buy you lunch," his hand reached for mine.

"Oh I thought you knew?" I smiled jokingly at him, my grin widening when he looked a little confused. "Losers always have to treat the winners."

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that I let you win earlier, that's my bad." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sure you did," I winked and turned to put my skis up against the rack, Jay following suit before we headed into the lodge. I trudged over to a spot by the fireplace and began taking off my snow clothes so they could start to dry a little then pulled my hair into a ponytail while Jay did the same except leaving on his ski pants and boots.

"You're really going to walk around without your boots on?" Jay asked.

"Why not?" I shrugged before heading over to the deli. "I basically grew up here. It feels like I'm in my own living room." We ordered and sat down, waiting for a minute for our order to be called out.

"So Jay, tell me about yourself. I mean, other than being a sore loser and running over innocent women like me, what do you like to do for fun?"

"I ski and then I ski and then I ski some more."

"Wow. You're so interesting." I spoke in monotone.

"Okay, okay, you caught me. I'm actually new to skiing which is why I completely ran you over at the bottom of the hill."

"I don't believe you for a second." I stood up having heard our names from the counter.  We grabbed our food and sat back down.

"What if I said I'm an Olympic skier?" He raised an eyebrow at me tauntingly.

"Sure, and I'm an Oscar nominee." I laughed and he joined a second later. We talked about movies for a bit, figuring out which of the recent ones we loved the most.

"It just wasn't as good as the original, you know?" He spoke. I nodded, about to reply when we were interrupted.

"Scuse me, can I please get your autograph?" A little boy asked Jay. Jay's cheekbones were suddenly dusted with a bright red and I saw him look at me out of the corner of his eye before responding to the little kid.

"Uh, sure. What's your name?"

"Caden." Jay scribbled out a quick note on the kid's phone case before handing it back to him.  He said a quick thank you before running back to the table he had been at before.

"Am I missing something?" I asked, my head tilting slightly to the side.

"Like what?" Jay played dumb.

"Why would he want your autograph, Jay?" Jay avoided eye contact for a second, shrugging his shoulders before looking back at me. "Unless you're actually a-" I stopped, something clicking in my head all of a sudden. "Unless you're actually an Olympic skier." I narrowed my eyes as Jay slowly smiled at me like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "Jay Ashton? Really?" He slowly nodded.  "I beat Jay Ashton in a race."