》fourty-eight

Yoongi sighed heavily, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Worry coursed through his veins and his head was spinning.

Mona seemed to notice how bothered the male looked. She frowned, stopping in front of him.

"Are you okay, uhm..." Yoongi snapped his head up when he heard the female trail off in uncertainty. It was then he realised what Mona was implying.

"Yoongi. Min Yoongi."

Mona hummed before nodding her head. Then, she asked once again, "Are you okay, Yoongi?"

The said male shook his head.

"I don't know... No? I just found out some terrible news and I'm unsure of how to approach Hoseok about it."

"What news did you find out? You don't have to tell me if you don't want too."

Yoongi smiled, shaking his head. "No, it's fine. I think it's better if I made you aware..."

Mona fixed her warm eyes onto the black haired male, simply nodding as a sign for him to continue.

"My um... My boyfriend, Hoseok's actual father, Park Jimin... Got diagnosed with a brain tumour today and will undergo surgery tomorrow."

A sound of disbelief left the female. Her eyes widened in utter shock and horror.

"Oh my goodness," She gasped, "I-I'm so sorry-"

"No, please don't be sorry. It's nobody's fault."

Running a hand through her locks, Mona mumbled, "Dear God... How will Hobi react?"

Yoongi shrugged, defeat written all over his face. "I-I don't know... I really don't know."

It was then Mona's eyes lit up. It was as if an invisible lightbulb had appeared on top of her head. She shook the other's arm in order to grab his attention.

"Hm?"

"I've come up with an idea," Begun the female, "You go and see Jimin whilst I look after Hobi and explain the current situation to him."

"Thanks, Mona... But Jimin's in LA."

"Why is he all the way over there?"

"He had a tour," Responded Yoongi, "Then got taken to a hospital up there."

Mona chewed harshly on her bottom lip; so harshly that she feared her teeth may cut through the skin like knives.

"It doesn't matter." She eventually stated, "I don't mind looking after Hoseok. Besides, I'm sure Ivy and him would love to catch up."

Yoongi's dark eyes grew wide. "No, Mona, you don't have too-"

"Hush. I'm doing it and you can't change my mind. Now, go and get ready to see your boyfriend!"

Without realising, the teacher had brought the female into a warm embrace. Mona's breath hitched momentarily before she smiled and hugged the other back.

"Thank you." Sighed Yoongi, voice laced in nothing but gratefulness.

Mona grinned. "Don't worry about it. Hoseok will be fine with me," She then wriggled out of Yoongi's embrace before taking out her phone, "Here: let's exchange phone numbers. You tell me absolutely everything as soon as it's all over, understood?"

The nursery teacher hummed. "Yeah. Will do."

"Good. Now get going."

____

THE NEXT DAY

Taehyung groaned and slowly sat up in his bed whilst rubbing his eyes. He noticed the daylight that was peeking in through the curtains on the other side of the bedroom.