》seventeen

*deep breath*

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

"D-daddy...?"

It was silent and that single word slipped out of Hoseok's mouth almost instinctively. He didn't mean for it to, it just slipped out. But for some strange reason, he didn't regret it. Instead, it made him feel sad and empty inside, almost as if apart of him was missing.

Jeongguk stood there in a trance, brown eyes now wide as his whole posture became stiff.

Is this a dream? He thought, words stuck in his throat as he continued to stare into Hoseok's soft brown eyes displayed in front of him.

"Take him. I'll let the two of you talk." It was Jimin's voice that pulled Jeongguk out of his thoughts.

The dark haired male snapped out of his thoughts then slowly trailed his eyes up towards Jimin who was already staring at him. He remembered vividly that those were the soft, brown eyes that held nothing but love towards the younger of the two.

Jeongguk slowly nodded, taking a single step closer whilst holding out his arms hesitantly. It had been years since he's seen Hoseok, let alone held him.

Jimin managed to smile softly. He knew that this was the best. He had to do this, for Hoseok.

For Hoseok. Jimin thought. So, with a small intake of air, he carefully gave his son to technically his other father who was stood silently in front of the two.

Jeongguk's breath caught in his throat at the feeling of his small son in his strong arms once again. He scooped him up and held him tightly in fear that he may fall from his grasp.

The dark haired male released a breath he didn't know he was holding as Hoseok hesitantly draped his tiny arms across the others neck.

Jimin and Jeongguk didn't realise since they were too busy staring at each other with sad eyes, but the three other men still present in the studio were all looking at them. It almost seemed as if the family had reunited once again.

But that wasn't the case. Not at all. After what Jeongguk did, Jimin came to the conclusion that he didn't deserve forgiveness; no matter what he did to try and make it up to him.

"Look at them..." Jin whispered with a small sigh, almost tearing up at the sight. He never thought that Jeongguk would ever get to see Hoseok ever again. But look at him now.

"I know... It's truly heartwarming." Namjoon whispered back, wrapping his arms around his husband's waist from behind as he leaned his chin on the elders shoulder.

Taehyung was silent as he stared at the sweet moment unfold right in front of his very eyes. He was happy for Jeongguk, he really was. But he couldn't help but to feel a pang of jealousy in his heart. Yes, he was well aware that there was nothing to get jealous about since Jimin had made it quite clear that he was over the younger, and Jeongguk deserved to see his son after years of being apart.

"Joonie, I feel like a proud mother for some reason." Joked Jin with a teasing grin as he spun around to face his husband who slowly trailed his eyes down to look into his.

"Not just yet, Jinnie." Replied Namjoon with a small smirk.

"Yet?" Whispered the elder, a blush now decorating his cheeks, causing his handsome features to stand out (not that they didn't anyway). This made Namjoon fall in love with Jin all over again.