》fourteen

Half an hour had passed, and Yoongi suggested that it was time for him to go home since it was quite late. Plus, Hoseok needed to get ready for bed soon.

Whilst the nursery teacher was slipping his shoes onto his feet, Jimin suddenly remembered something important that he needed to tell the other male.

"Oh, Yoongi." Jimin said.

The black haired male hummed before standing up straight, turning to face the other.

"I just remembered something," He begun, "Hoseok is unable to go to school tomorrow. And he's unable to go to his parents evening. I'm so sorry."

Yoongi smiled and waved his hands out in front of him, signifying that it didn't matter at all.

"It doesn't matter, Jiminie. I understand that people are busy."

"Thanks, Yoongi," Smiled the smaller, "It's just that I have work and my shifts are awkward. Hoseok will be coming to work with me."

Yoongi nodded his head, then asked out of curiosity, "If you don't mind me asking, what's your job?"

Jimin chuckled. "I work at a dance company... We travel around the world and deliver dances on stage to people. Our studio isn't far from here, actually."

Yoongi's eyes widened. He was not expecting Jimin to be a dancer, but then again, his build looked elegant, just like a dancers would.

"I- wow... I was not expecting that." The black haired male breathed out, still surprised.

Jimin smiled. "Not many people do."

The two smiled at each other before a question crossed Jimin's mind all of a sudden.

"Yoongi-ah," He called out, "Have you always wanted to be a nursery teacher?"

Yoongi smiled to himself upon hearing that. He shook his head, causing the other to raise an eyebrow, edging him to continue for he was curious.

"No, I haven't always wanted to become one," He begun, taking a deep breath, "At first, I wanted to become a professional basketball player since I used to play basketball for a team when I was in college. Basketball had been my hobby for a while and I absolutely loved it."

Jimin nodded, absorbing the new information like a sponge.

"However, I unfortunately had a bad injury resulting in me breaking my right ankle, so I had to quit the team despite my dismay." Yoongi carried on, a small pout playing at his lips which Jimin would coo at, but forced his mouth to stay clamped shut as he watched the other continue.

"It was when I found myself living alone in a small apartment that was just enough for me to stay in that I desperately needed money in order to keep paying my rent for the month. My family never supported me, hence why I moved out in the middle of college." The male near the door sighed out, rolling his shoulders back to ease himself. Jimin noticed and flashed him a supportive smile.

"So, one of my friends from college suggested that I do babysitting. At first, I absolutely hated the idea of looking after annoying little kids for however long until their parents came back, it made my skin crawl at the thought," Yoongi carried on explaining, "But, I needed the money, so I hesitantly obliged and looked for kids to babysit for parents."

Jimin took in all of this information without any problem since he was genuinely interested in what Yoongi was telling him.

"I finally found parents that were hoping for a babysitter to come and look after their child, so I went over to their house and managed to look after their kid whilst they were gone. Surprisingly, it was easy and the child made me feel happy and safe, almost as if it was my own. About a year of babysitting, and gathering up enough money for myself, I finally discovered my love and passion for children."

"So, whilst looking for an actual job as I was finally able to move out of my small apartment and afford a slightly bigger one, I came across a school that needed new nursery teachers. Since I preferred looking after little children more than bigger ones, I applied for the job and was so happy when I got it. That's where I am now." Yoongi finished off with a grin.

"Woah, that's quite a story." Breathed Jimin with wide, brown eyes, causing the other closest to the door to chuckle and nod his head.

"Yeah, it is. But I'm happy with the job I have. I haven't told him yet, but your son is one of my favourite students in my class." Informed Yoongi to Jimin.

Jimin felt his heart soar at that. He felt proud that he bought up his son to become a well-mannered little boy who was kind.

"I- thank you..." Whispered Jimin, feeling cold tears spring to his eyes as a sudden wave of happiness washed over him. Jimin rarely got praised and when he did, it was just for his job, nothing else that he had accomplished. Besides, Jimin really, really struggled bringing Hoseok up when Jungkook left them.

Yoongi looked worriedly over at the other who sniffled and attempted to wipe away his tears of happiness that were rolling down his cheeks.

"Jiminie? Are you okay?" Asked the taller black haired male, stepping closer to the smaller.

Jimin looked up at Yoongi with a huge smile blooming on his face, shocking the other slightly.

"T-thank you, Yoongi."

"Why?" Asked Yoongi in confusion whilst wrapping his strong arms around the others wait, pulling him into a warm and comforting embrace.

Jimin sighed in content and rested his head on Yoongi's broad chest, closing his eyes as the others calm heartbeat filled his ears, sounding like music to him.

"Thank you for saying that to me. I really struggled bringing Hoseok up." Muttered Jimin as he pressed himself closer to Yoongi.

Yoongi sighed and gently caressed the other's soft, black hair.

"I can only imagine. I don't know exactly what happened, and I'm not expecting you to tell me, but I know that you are one hell of a father for bringing Hoseok up in the way you did, Jimin." Yoongi stated truefuly, making Jimin's heart melt at those velvety words that rolled off of Yoongi's tounge.

As the smaller was unable to form any words just yet, he threw his arms around Yoongi's waist and stuffed his face into his built chest, blushing slightly as he felt Yoongi encircle his large arms around him, gently rocking him in the process.

"Maybe one day we can get to know each other more? You know, like go out on a friendly date?" Suggested Jimin, finally finding his voice as he lifted his head up and rested his chin on Yoongi's chest in order to gaze deeply into the others eyes.

Yoongi smiled his adorable gummy smile and nodded, leaning down to press a soft kiss onto the other head, leaving him flustered.

"Sounds good to me, princess."