》twenty-three

Jimin eagerly nodded his head, wanting to get to know his son's nursery teacher more.

Yoongi smiled, then opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a pretty, blonde haired waitress with ocean blue eyes.

She smiled down at the 'couple' before whipping out a notepad and pen.

"Hello, can I get you any drinks?" She asked, getting her pen ready to write.

Yoongi and Jimin exchanged glances before telling the waitress what drinks they would like.

She nodded, writing down their orders before lifting her head up to smile at the two again.

"Okay, your drinks should be here soon. Please, enjoy the rest of your meal." The blonde haired waitress announced.

The two males nodded before saying, "Thank you," in unison.

"You're most welcome." And with that being said, the waitress spun around then wandered off to behind a bar.

"So, Jimin," Yoongi begun, looking over at the other, "If you don't mind me asking: how old are you?"

Jimin chuckled lightly, the sound like music to Yoongi's ears. "I'm twenty-four. My birthday is the thirteenth of October."

The teacher nodded his head, absorbing the new information like a sponge.

"Yoongi. How old are you?" Asked Jimin, now resting his chin on his hand.

"I'm twenty-seven years old. My birthday is the ninth of March." The said male responded.

Jimin smiled at the elder, Yoongi smiling back before a question crossed his mind.

"Have you always wanted to be a dancer?"

Jimin hummed, putting his answer together in his head before explaining it to Yoongi. "No, I haven't, actually. Sure, I adored dancing whilst in college as it was my passion, but never did I think about being a dancer."

There was a short pause before Jimin continued. "My first job was working at a small convenience store near my college. I needed the money for college as well as to pay rent for the small apartment that I had been staying in. Anyways, time went by and I had gathered up enough money for myself. That was when I had graduated from college, but even then, I still had no idea what I wanted to do."

Jimin sighed softly to himself, Yoongi continuing to listen intently. "I managed to move to the other side of the city and buy a slightly bigger apartment to the last one I had. I was happy there, then managed to get a job working in a café. I spent a few years there, and that's when... That's when I met... Jeongguk..."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. "Who's Jeongguk?"

The younger looked over at the other, a glint of sadness flashing in his brown orbs which Yoongi could just about make out.

"Jeongguk... Is my ex boyfriend." He choked out, swallowing a lump in his throat.

The teacher could tell that the male across from him was having a hard time explaining his journey to becoming a dancer, but nonetheless, he sat there and patiently waited for Jimin to continue his story.

After taking a deep breath, he muttered, "S-sorry..."

"Don't be sorry, princess. Take your time. You don't have to tell me if you don't want too." The other replied, sending Jimin a reassuring smile.

That smile caused Jimin to calm down a bit. He slowly nodded before starting his story once again. "I met... Jeongguk at the café I was working in at the time. He applied for the job about a month after and I had gotten the task to mentor him: show him how things worked and what-not."