》twenty-four

Jimin was frozen.

He felt as if his heart was stuck in his throat and his legs felt like jelly. His breathing became haggard as a painful ringing could be heard in his ears, causing him to wince.

No one had asked him that before. Especially not with so much confidence. And that was something Jimin truly admired about the nursery teacher: how open and confident he was, not afraid to speak what came to his mind.

What was Jimin supposed to answer with? Was Yoongi asking him out, or was it just a general question that he asked?

Looking over at the elder, Jimin was shocked to see how calm and collected Yoongi was, patiently awaiting Jimin's response.

With a huge blush not sat on his cheeks, Jimin allowed himself to collect his thoughts before giving the teacher an answer. The two hadn't known each other for long at all, and certainly didn't know much about each other really. Sure, Yoongi was a really nice person and never failed to make Jimin feel all warm inside, but he wasn't ready for a relationship just yet, not after what happened with Jeongguk. He had to have time in order to build up trust with someone before taking the next step, as such.

However, Jimin would be lying if he said he wouldn't want to date Yoongi. He had fantasized about the scenario millions of times before but never once did he think it would come true.

Besides, what did Yoongi see in him anyway?

Taking a deep breath, the dancer allowed all thoughts to subside before he answered, "Uh... Well... I don't know if you're asking me out or if that was just a general question, but to answer it I feel as if me and you need to get to know each other more, be around each other more before taking the next step: see if we do have feelings for each other. Me and you haven't known each other for long, Yoongi. But... I'd be lying if I said the offer didn't sound tempting."

Yoongi nodded his head then smirked. That was the exact answer he was expecting to hear.

He looked over at the other male, eyes glinting in mischievousness. "You said the offer sounded tempting, hmm?"

The younger flushed before twiddling with his fingers in a shy manner. "I... Uhm... Yes."

The curly black haired male chuckled then smirked. "Well, that's good to hear then. Do I really have that effect on you, princess?"

Jimin could only sit there with a beautiful red blush dusted along his soft little cheeks that Yoongi wanted to kiss and squeeze so badly.

He laughed lightly. "Come on, princess. Let's order."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

Back at the dance company, Jeongguk, Taehyung and Hoseok were still in the studio.

Taehyung was helping Jeongguk pack things away whilst Hoseok was busying himself, smiling widely at what his father had told him earlier on.

Jeongguk had noticed lately that Taehyung wasn't himself. He wasn't outgoing, laughing, smiling or his bubbly self at all. Instead, he was more quiet and kept to himself.

It made him wonder why since Taehyung was usually very energetic and made everyone around him laugh along with him.

Over the few days, he just hasn't been doing that, and it was so damn obvious that something was on his mind.

"Taehyung." The deep, smooth voice of the younger pulled the elder out of his thoughts.

"Y-yes, sir?" The silver haired male stuttered out in response, mentally cursing himself for doing so after.