》fourty-four

"Looks like we're finally here, Hoseokie."

Hoseok perked up upon hearing this. His head jerked up and his eyes grew wide as he eagerly peered out of the car window.

He spotted a huge house in the middle of grassy land which seemed to be some sort of farm. He noticed a few stables and some pens along with two tractors and one car.

"This is where Ivy lives...?" He whispered with wide, doe eyes.

Yoongi hummed, checking his directions again. "It is." He confirmed.

Suddenly, the little boy begun to feel a bit queazy. His eyes drooped, his head spun, and his heart begun to thump harshly against his ribcage. The boy begun to panic, feeling his breathing quicken.

Yoongi sensed that something was wrong and immediately took off his seatbelt and spun around to examine Hoseok.

"Oh, God. Hobi, what's the matter?" Questioned the male, opening the car door to hop out. Once completed, he flung open Hoseok's door and grabbed him in a matter of seconds.

The brown haired boy gasped for air, feeling Yoongi hoist him up so he was now cradling the small boy in his warm arms.

"Shh, take deep breaths, okay...? Copy me, alright sunshine? Copy Yoonie..." Instructed the teacher, staring at Hoseok with serious and sharp eyes.

The boy gulped, determined to copy Yoongi. He slowly breathed in through his nose, then out again through his mouth. He continued this for a few more seconds until he had eventually calmed down.

Yoongi breathed out a sigh of relief, watching as the boy huddled closer to him, eager to be held and comforted. He felt safe with Yoongi. Yoongi was like his home.

"What happened back there, bub?"

Hoseok pouted. "Felt scared," He mumbled bluntly.

Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed. "Scared?"

"Mhm. Felt s-scared. Thought Ivy gonna forget about me..."

"Don't think like that, sunshine. Sure, it's been a few years since you've last seen each other, but do you really think that Ivy would forget about her older brother?" Explained Yoongi, rubbing the boy's back for a bit of comfort.

"N-no..."

"Exactly. So, are you ready to see your little sister again?"

Hoseok's eyes lit up again, his famous beaming smile painting his lips.

"Mhm! Yesh I am!"

Yoongi grinned his gummy smile, eyes turning into what resembled eyes of a cat.

"Well then, let's head over there."

The black haired male carefully placed Hoseok down onto the ground before the duo advanced towards the large house. They immediately spotted the front door and grand entrance.

Even Yoongi was feeling a bit intimidated at how large and posh the house appeared.

Soon enough, the two were stood at the front door, now looking at each other.

"Do you want to knock, bun?"

Hoseok bit down on his bottom lip, silently debating with himself. Shortly after, the boy brought his little fist up to the grand door then knocked a few times.

Yoongi exhaled, taking Hoseok's small hand into his own.

Small mumbles and the shuffling of footsteps were all that could be heard from the inside of the house. That was until the door flung open in a flourish.