𝟐𝟔 | 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠?

"Well, what if I want us to be?"

The question ringed in Hyesoo's head. The words repeated in her head. It was if her surroundings, including Jeno, disappeared and all that was left in front of her was that one question.

Well, what if I want us to be?

How was she to respond to that? Though her heart yearned for her to say just a simple agreement, her head told her not to. Her own inner conflict arising from that one question. Hyesoo could've pondered for hours and hours on that question, forgetting about the real world, but she had to compose herself. She straightened her back and flicked a stray hair of hers out of her face; her previous energy was strong, so she'd need to match that as if nothing was wrong.

She scoffed, "And why would you want to?"

Jeno took a step closer to her, calming himself down from his outburst earlier, "Because I want you. I want us to be together again. I want my old life back. My old happiness back." His response threw Hyesoo off guard, her eyes softened at his response. "And how could I possibly do that? I'm just me, I can't help you," She spoke out, looking down at the ground in shame.

But who could blame her? She broke his heart in the past. No regular person would go back to someone who broke their heart. Hyesoo's known what she's done in the past, and as much as she wants him back, she knows better than that. She still has her morals and they've been telling her to let him go. It's been as clear as day as to what her heart wants, the heart is fond over Jeno; it's her head that tells her that this is wrong. But Jeno's head and heart couldn't be the same, they both craved for her love.

Jeno took another step closer, tucking a piece of Hyesoo's hair behind her ear. "I know you may think that you're no good for me. I know you think that you can't help me because you broke me. But please, Hyesoo, the only reason I was broken was because you were no longer there. I need you," He said softly.

Hyesoo refused to look up at the boy even if he was so close to her. She couldn't bear the sight of him after his confession. Though, Jeno had other plans. He lifted her head ever so slightly so that her clear brown orbs were staring into his own.

She sighed, "Let's take it slow. I rather wait it out than lose you for good if we make mistakes," She suggested.

Jeno nodded and smiled, "Ok. Slowly it is." He looked at the girl as if she held all the stars in the sky, he patted her head gently before walking off, leaving Hyesoo standing there to collect her thoughts.

-♡︎-

"Yo Jeno Lee!" Mark exclaimed, seeing Jeno walk back to the lunch table.

"Where's Hyesoo?" Donghyuck questioned. The group nodded in response. They had grown a liking to the girl in that short amount of time. "She's fine, she's just out there talking to a friend," Jeno simply replied, ending his response with a lie.

"What happened out there, hyung?" Chenle asked.

"We talked. Might be getting back together. We're taking it slow for now," Jeno recapped.

Renjun snorted, "So you were rejected?"

Jeno kicked Renjun's shin and glared at the boy, "No, I wasn't. We're taking it slow just in case something goes wrong again."

Mark patted the younger boy's shoulder, "Good for you. Now, everyone hurry up and finish your food before it's too late."

-♡︎-

Hyesoo sat there in the empty lecture hall of her next class. Her professor, Professor Cho, allowed for her to sit there and wait since class was starting in a few minutes. Hyesoo sat there, drumming her fingers on the table before pulling out her phone. She unlocked it and began to text her friends:

singles🤧✨

jieunie💞
i saw you hye👀👀
went off on a lil rendezvous with jeno huh

jinnie:))
guess things are doing better for you guys now huh?
u went on a date👀👀

hye
sure
if having a fight in the hallway about not being in a rs and then making up to say that you're taking things slow from now on is a date. then yes. we were on a date

jieunie💞
damn
does this mean we have to change the gc name now?

jinnie:))
ive been telling yall we had to soon
miss hyesoo over here has been getting herself a manz

hye
so we're just gonna ignore what i said?
we're not together yet guys

jieunie💞
YET.
and you're gonna get together sooner or later don't act like you won't🙄✋

jinnie:))
yea what jieun said
but hye ive got this feeling smthn bad is gonna happen

jieunie💞
wait jinhyuk... you have that feeling too?
yk that feeling something bad is coming

hye
y would u think that?

jinnie:))
idk... it's just my gut feeling..

Hyesoo put her phone down, taking a deep breath. "It should be fine," She thought, "Nothing bad is going to happen. Everything is going to be fine."

It'll all be fine.

short chapter sorry :(how's everyone liking it so far? :))please vote🥺🥺

how's everyone liking it so far? :))
please vote🥺🥺