𝟐𝟎 | 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Another day of living

Another day of living. Jeno's mornings seemed to have become a chore as he slowly got out of bed, getting ready for the day. Perhaps it was all of the troubles in his head, or maybe it was because he actually wanted to get up, but surprisingly, he got ready incredibly fast.

As he ate his bowl of cereal, checking his phone, he glanced at the time. "7:15," he read. He quickly cleaned his bowl, grabbing his bag, and headed towards the front door. Opening the door, he was met with Renjun and his hand in mid-air, presumably about to knock on the door. The shorter boy stood there shocked, his eyes opening wide. "You're... early?" He questioned.

Jeno rolled his eyes, "What? Is that supposed to be shocking?" He questioned back, already walking towards the direction of the Academy. Renjun, who stood there for a second or two, quickly snapped out of his trance and began jogging towards Jeno in able to catch up with the speedy boy. Once he regained his composure and energy, Renjun began to speak again. "Well, it is. You're never early. At the very most, you're on time," He said, answering Jeno's previous question.

Jeno shrugged, "Guess I just didn't have much on my mind. I was ready faster than before."

Renjun patted the boy's shoulder, "Good for you," He said with a smile on his face.

The two of them made small talk on random things, such as school, hangouts, and Chenle's supposed new friend. The chatter slowly diminished as they arrived towards the Academy. "I gotta go," Renjun said, already making his way towards the Visual Arts department of the halls.

"Let me guess, another painting?" Jeno inquired. Unlike what he thought, Renjun shook his head. "I promised Professor Kim that I would give some portfolios from the Art Composition classroom to the Photography class, first thing in the morning," The guy said before sprinting off in that direction. Jeno chuckled, "I didn't even get to bid him farewell," he thought, heading to his locker.

While at his locker, it seemed to Jeno that it was oddly more quiet than before. Usually, during this time, someone would approach him from behind right about now.

"Hey, Jeno!"

Jeno turned around, only to see his Mark Hyung. "What did I expect? I told her off. Man, this is gonna need getting used to," He thought to himself.

"So... Jeno, did you think about what I said yesterday?" The older boy questioned.

Jeno looked up, attempting to grasp his memories of yesterday. After his slumber, it felt as if everything that happened was just a figment of the boy's imagination. But after remembrance, Jeno let out a small "ah." Mark looked at the younger, tilting his head as a signal for Jeno to tell him his thoughts. Good thing the boy caught on, otherwise Mark would've looked like an idiot, moving his head like that. "Well, I did some thinking," Jeno began, closing his locker, "And even though I'm not completely on board with this idea. I'm going to give her a chance to explain herself."