𝟒𝟐 | 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

"You're dismissed

"You're dismissed."

Years go by and time has turned. A lot can happen in seven years, and memories can fade away. Jeno and Jiyeon's marriage was a short yet powerful one, if the media were to describe them. With the two of them combined, the Lees grew in status and the Jeons were more powerful than ever. That is, until it ended. After three years, one of the companies that the Jeons invested in had been caught using dirty money, and the Jeons lost a lot. Because of this, the Jeons had to cut a lot of spending that they had elsewhere. Which meant giving up on helping the Lees with this marriage.

Luckily, the media was never the smartest, and so everyone believed that it was a mutual divorce because of the empty love the two had. Good for them, Jiyeon had found someone she truly loved, and besides, the two were still good friends. Jeno on the other hand, well, he was able to start a company of his own that he was much more interested in: NEO Entertainment Company.

Surprisingly, Jeno had a knack for this whole business thing, and the fact that it was for music, why, that made Jeno even more motivated for it to do well. And it did. He had signed a few artists, as well as some of his friends who auditioned.

See, life doesn't always play out the way you may have planned. But just like a flower, there is a possibility that it'll always bloom in the end.

Anyways, back to the main story at hand here, Jeno groaned at the new intern. The new worker had an ego more than Jeno could handle, and it frustrated him. "Sir Lee, one of your artists would like to talk to you," Jeno heard from his secretary, Secretary Xiao Dejun.

Jeno nodded, "Let them in." As Secretary Xiao went to let the artist into Jeno's office, Jeno held his head in his arms. His frustration and stress was getting to him, and since it didn't happen often, Jeno wasn't the best in controlling his emotional problems.

"Jeez, what's got you in a foul mood today?"

Jeno rolled his eyes, "You know, you really shouldn't be speaking to me so informally when I'm your boss, Haechan."

"Oops, my bad, CEO Lee. Though, I do feel like I deserve some credit for where you stand right now," Donghyuck, now known in society as Haechan, apologised.

At the beginning foundations of NEO Entertainment, Jeno needed an artist to run in order to rocket start his company. Around that time, Donghyuck had been going through a rough time, quitting his office job to start a music career of his own. The two of them worked together to create an amazing idol image for Donghyuck and a successful business for Jeno. Of course, the two friends were always a powerful duo together.

"Sure, Haechan," Jeno simply responded, "What else do you need?"

"Can you... possibly veto and cancel my schedules for the next couple of days? Manager Jung keeps bothering me. But, I've been editing some tracks, and I think I need a bit more time to get them perfect before my comeback in two weeks," He asked, a sweet smile in hopes to convince his friend.