𝟎𝟑 | 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

The next four hours felt like an eternity to Jeno

The next four hours felt like an eternity to Jeno. Time never seemed to end, and the hours grew longer as his mind was slowly slipping away from his body. Though she physically wasn't in any of Jeno's classes besides his first, she had clouded his thought, and Jeno couldn't help but be distressed. "Why is she here?" he thought. Jeno was pretty sure that the last thing she had ever said to him was "goodbye," and this didn't seem like a "goodbye," to him.

As the bell rang, signalling that morning classes were over, and it was time for lunch, Jeno, blinded by his thoughts, had unintentionally dashed out of class, leaving his friends behind.

"Dude, why the fuck were you running?" Donghyuck, who also likes to be called Haechan due to his sunny disposition as the campus' golden ray, exclaimed in between breaths. How foolish of him to attempt to catch up with a very speedy Jeno.

Of course, his friends wouldn't know. He had only met the Dreamies in his first year at the Academy, and obviously, it would be quite weird to talk about your ex leaving you and profoundly changing your whole personality from the first meet.

Jeno shook his head, "I'll tell you about it once everyone is here."

Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows in question as to what was so troubling that he never told his friends; nevertheless, he nodded his head and sat across from Jeno with his signature smile.

As the Dreamies arrived at their lunch table one by one, Donghyuck told everyone that Jeno had something to say, but only when everyone was here. And, just that statement was enough to leave them all curious by the minute.

Now to those who don't know why the Dreamies would be ever so curious as to what Jeno has to say, here is why. Since our lovely Jeno is very quiet and reserved, he has never given the boys anything of his personal life, except for the necessary information like his birthday and such. Because of this, the boys were quite glad that they would finally get an inside look into Jeno's life and past.

"Ok, I'm here," Renjun, the Academy's favourite art kid, said, "What was so terrifying to you that you had to leap out of the class, leaving your poor friends behind?"

Jeno took a deep breath before continuing, "You know the new student, right?" Renjun, Donghyuck, and Jaemin proceeded to nod.

"Hyesoo, isn't it?" Jaemin asked.

Jeno nodded, "Well, she's my ex."

And that's when all their mouths fell agape. "EX!" they all shouted.

"Stop fucking yelling," Jeno said, scared that someone may hear. He then began telling the Dreamies about the story, from how they broke up to how she had changed him, all the way to present time with him seeing her again after two years. "Wow. I can't believe it," Jisung, the Academy's most beloved dancer, exclaimed, "Hyung, are you sure that was her, though?"

Jeno rolled his eyes, "Of course it is. Besides the change in hair colour from black to brown, she hasn't changed much over the years."

"Well, shit, man. I wouldn't worry about it though," Mark, the campus' resident it-boy, said, "She most likely won't bother you, so don't worry about it too much."

Jeno sighed and nodded his head. His Mark hyung was right. She was most definitely not here for Jeno, but an education. Yeonseo Academy is one of the most prestigious universities that a person could go to, and just by chance, both of them got accepted into this fine academic program. Jeno couldn't change this. "No shit, Jeno. She wouldn't be here just for you," he thought.

After the well-needed advice Mark had given Jeno, lunch began to proceed almost the same as any other lunch. Renjun and Haechan were fighting probably over some stupid shower thought. Jisung and Chenle were catching up on some new music. Mark was writing some lyrics for a new song, and Jaemin was trying to make a decent conversation with Jeno, who would only respond with a nod, one-word answers, or the occasional chuckle.

Soon after an hour, the bell had rung, signifying lunch was over and that they had to go back to class. The group groaned and hesitantly stood up, starting to head towards the classroom again.

Now it was at this moment; all of Jeno's wishes were ignored as his worst nightmare was about to happen.

To anyone, besides Jeno, today is a typical day. Students are heading towards class, grabbing materials from their locker, or making way for the Dreamies. A completely ordinary day. And just like any typical day, a certain Hwang Siwoo makes her way towards Jeno to say "Hi."

However, mayhaps what Jaemin said this morning about starting to let her down has been imprinted in Jeno's brain. And so, as Siwoo has made her way towards Jeno, she says, "Hey, Jeno. How has your day been?"

Now since Jeno wants to let her down slowly, he decides to be kind to her first, then break her heart. Pity the poor boy, he doesn't understand how stupid he sounds by that. Anyways, because of this, instead of the regular nod he would give her; he nods and says, "Yeah, it was good! I have to get to class now. So um, yeah. " Sigh, he's become awkward with any one of the opposite gender after the little interaction he's had for the past years.

Unfortunately for Jeno, Siwoo takes this as a sign that Jeno has finally become interested in her, and so she grabs ahold of his wrist to stop him from running away. "That's great!" She exclaims, "I thought we could go out and chat for a bit. After school, of course."

Jeno opens his eyes wide, "Uh, no," he says, trying to get ahold of his hand back and walk away. He turns back and sees his friends continue to carry on the walk to the classroom, and Jeno starts to panic.

"Why the fuck would they leave me behind?" he thinks and proceeds to get his hand back and run away forcefully.

"Well, ok then. Maybe next time?" Siwoo says, sighing in defeat. Reluctantly, she lets go of Jeno's hand.

Unaware as to what Siwoo is saying, Jeno continues to yank his arm out of her hold. And so to his surprise, when she lets go, Jeno stumbles and accidentally bumps into someone, resulting in him falling on top of the poor human being under him with his eyes closed due to embarrassment.

Fuck. That hurt like a buttcheek on a stick.

"Um, hi?"

Jeno slowly opens his eyes, and slightly gasps in shock.

Ryu Hyesoo. Just my luck.

oop- i hope you guys are actually enjoying this

oop- i hope you guys are actually enjoying this. my english actually sucks and i'm sorry for tht