𝟎𝟖 | 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

Hyesoo giggled, "Ok, ok, I get it

Hyesoo giggled, "Ok, ok, I get it. Next question," She says, "What's your biggest fear?"

Jeno smiles back at her. The two were in their second year of highschool, no where near being acquaintances to each other, but also not close to being lovers. Both of them were attempting to work on their history project that was due in a week, but they had gotten distracted trying to get to know each other. They've been asking questions back and forth for the past hour, in hopes to get to know each other better.

"Hm," Jeno thinks, "Probably being left alone in this world."

Hyesoo opens her eyes wide in shock. "Really? Wow, I'd never think that'd be your biggest fear."

Jeno shrugged. He got that response quite a lot. Nobody would've imagined that highschool's golden boy would fear people leaving him behind. "I guess, I've just had a lot of people leave me alone, and I don't exactly do well by myself. My emotions get the best of me," He nervously chuckles. He was slightly worried that the girl was going to be in slight shock and leave him as well.

To his surprise, she nods, "Yeah, I totally get that. But, you don't have to worry about that anymore. I'll be here. I'm not gonna leave you anytime soon," She smiles.

Jeno heaved a small sigh of relief. "You sure you're not gonna leave me?"

She nods eagerly, "I'm most positively sure. Promise."

And it was at this moment, Jeno knew that Hyesoo was someone he was never going to lose. And he knew, he was always going to be comfortable with the girl. Especially after this heart to heart talk.

Oh, how wrong was he. The two of them, Hyesoo and Jeno, are currently sitting across from each other, a keyboard in front of Hyesoo while Jeno has his music sheets and a pen in his hand.

So much for being comfortable with one another.

After Hyesoo had asked Jeno what they were going to start with, Jeno came up with the idea, an absolutely idiotic one, that he would work on the lyrics while she would work on the melody. However, due to the lack of work the boy has put into music recently, he's gone a little rusty. He looks up and watches the girl in front of him as she hums a melody, trying out some chords to match.

Jeno was almost going to go blind with all that spacing out he was doing until Hyesoo looked up at him. "Hey, got any lyrics yet?" She asks. She peeps at the sheet of paper in Jeno's hands, only to find nothing. At the sight of the empty music sheet, Hyesoo decided to discuss their topic, in hopes that Jeno would find some inspiration. "How about we talk about what we're going to write about?" She questions, brushing a loose hair out of her face.

Jeno nods, he was about to give an idea for a love song before he realised that it probably wasn't the best topic to do, especially with your ex. Good thing the girl felt the same way. But unfortunately, that just left the room into more awkward silence as they think.

"What about self love?" She brings up, "We can do that. Everyone has something they like about themselves. For me, I personally like my work ethic," She brings up, "Jeno, there must be something that you love or are proud of yourself, right?"

"I only loved myself when you were with me," He blurts out.

Fuck, did I really just say that?

Yes, you did say that, idiot.

Hyesoo's eyes widened, resulting in Jeno to be scared of how she was going to reply. "If only I wasn't so stupid and thought about what I was going to say before I said it!" Jeno yells at himself in his mind.

"Really? That's not right," She pouts, brushing off what the boy had just said. Jeno regains his state of shock, he couldn't believe that was how she responded. He also couldn't help but think about how cute the girl looked upset. That is, until he beat himself up in his mind to stop him from thinking like this.

"There must be something you like about yourself!" She exclaims in frustration, Jeno shook his head. Yes, he liked his life. He liked his friends and everything, but there was nothing he really liked about himself.

"Then it's settled!" She exclaims, Jeno raised an eyebrow at her in confusion, "I'll be helping you find something you love about yourself before this project is due!" She smiles.

Jeno shakes his head, "You really don't have to-"

"Nonsense! It's the least I could do. Besides, this will help us write some lyrics!" She states, cutting the boy off. The girl then began packing up her things inside her backpack, standing up. She looks down at the watch on her wrist before looking straight at Jeno, who was still sitting down, "We should wrap up. It's been almost an hour, and they'll kick us out soon if we don't hurry."

Jeno nods, also quickly packing his things before standing up. They both proceed to make their way out of the door. "Bye, Hye," Jeno says, eyes opening wide after what he said. The old nickname he used to call her slipped out of his mouth before he knew it, and it left the both of them kind of in shock.

Hyesoo smiled, "Bye, Nono," She says. Jeno's eyes opened wide in shock and slight enjoyment at the sound of his nickname. Yes, his friends call him Nono, but the first person to ever say it was Hyesoo, and so the nostalgia slightly hit the boy in the head. Before he could say anything else, the girl waved goodbye at him and made her way to the South exit of the school. Jeno heaves a heavy breath before making his way to the North exit, surprised to see his younger friend, Jisung, standing there, perhaps waiting for the elder. The both of them looked at each other before waving goodbye, making their way back to their own residences, Jeno still thinking about the events that had occurred between him and Hyesoo.

What the fuck just happened?

kinda hate this- but anyways- hAPPY BIRTHDAY YANGYANGGGGGGGG!!please vote🥺🥺

please vote🥺🥺