𝟓𝟐 | 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

Hyesoo slowly sat on her bed, taking a deep breath

Hyesoo slowly sat on her bed, taking a deep breath. She smiled and giggled like her former highschool self as she remembered the events of the day.

Were those butterflies she was feeling? Was her heart pounding, almost threatening to come out? The girl hadn't felt like that for almost a decade, the feeling was practically new to her.

-♡︎-

Earlier that day...

As Jeno and Hyesoo sat down and ordered their meals, only then did Jeno realise the longing smile spread across the girl's face. "Do you miss America?" Jeno slowly asked, leaning his head onto his hand.

Hyesoo nodded, "It happens when you don't live somewhere for a while. In the States, I felt like I'd never be able to rid myself from how much I wanted to go back to Korea. But now that I'm here, I miss a lot of the memories I've made there."

"Did you go to these types of diners often?"

The girl violently shook her head, "Definite no. I rarely ever went to get this type of food. It's not really my taste," She chuckled, "But, it is the closest thing I'm going to get if I want to remind myself of America."

Jeno listened attentively, carefully watching Hyesoo's smile and the way her eyes supposedly twinkled in the light, "Do you miss your friends there?"

Hyesoo paused for a moment, "I miss some of them, I guess. I hung around a lot of people, but not really any close close friends, you know? Minghao and Johnny were some of the closest friends I ever had. Ah, just thinking about it, I miss my Seoul friends," She frowned.

"You don't keep in touch with them anymore?"

"I tried to, but the time zones and everything were too much for us to schedule. Plus, I wanted to start completely new in America, which meant leaving everyone behind."

"How'd that work out for you?" He asked, careful not to be too invasive of any of the girl's possible problems.

"Good? I don't know, it led me to find people and careers that really speak to me. But then again, moving on from the past was never my strong suit."

"You and me both," Jeno said, which made the pair laugh without a care in the world. There were times like these where not a single person could tell all the troubles, heartbreak, steps that needed to happen to get those two together. They were comfortable. It was almost like nothing had ever gone wrong.

As the food came to their table, the two adults ate in silence. Though, it wasn't awkward or unbearable, rather, it was comfortable. They didn't need to say anything to each other because it almost felt like they were connected without any speech. It was healthy. It was love.

"So," Jeno began after finishing his meal, "Where to next?"

Hyesoo checked the time on her watch. "We better hurry soon, we have to get our tickets before it's too late," She gasped, dragging Jeno out of the quaint diner after paying for the bill.

"Okay first of all, I said you could pick the place, and I would pay," Jeno began.

The girl rolled her eyes at him, "It's just a meal. If you want, you can pay for these tickets."

"Well, I would love to, if only I knew where we were going."

"Calm yourself down, we're almost there. We just have to cross the street and then go around the corner."

Jeno furrowed his brows, glancing around the area that surrounded him. It took him awhile until he realised where she was taking him, or at least, where he believed she was.

"Finally! Right on time as well," Hyesoo gleamed, staring at the nostalgic entrance in front of them, "How'd you like the surprise?"

The lights. The wheel. The food. Everything was coming back to him. The countless dates the pair went on here, the random run-ins they had, the deep conversations they could discuss until nightfall. Everything always felt just right here. Jeno let out an airy breath in complete awe of what was in front of him.

The theme park of his past.

"It's perfect."

HI IK I LITERALLY SAID I WAS GOING TO UPLOAD MORE AND THEN I WENT SORT OF AWOL IM SORRY😭😭no seriously i promise i will update by next week as you read this i'm writing the next chapterthis chapter is highly unedited i'm sorry :(

no seriously i promise i will update by next week as you read this i'm writing the next chapter
this chapter is highly unedited i'm sorry :(

ok finally,, happy jaemin day🤩