𝟓𝟏 | 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

"Lunch break with Jeno?"

The past three weeks had been action-packed for Hyesoo, to say the least. From 2SEO's busy internship and her rekindling with her college friends, the girl had something to do everyday. Hyesoo smiled at Johnny, who had confirmed where she was going to be for the next two hours. She nodded, "Yep, I saw this cute little American diner, so we're going there. And then, I was wondering if I could have the day off to go to the theme park?"

"As long as you finish your paperwork," Johnny responded.

"You know I already have. I wanted to get things done before I went out to eat with Jeno," Hyesoo giggled.

Johnny chuckled, "That's like the fourteenth time you've gone out to eat with him, how have you not caught any feelings yet?"

Hyesoo shyly smiled, "Well, today is the day I've finally planned to announce I'm ready for a relationship. And I wanted to do things at the theme park because it's kind of our place."

"Good luck, you two would be so cute together," Johnny smiled back, the boy checked his watch, "You should get going. You don't wanna be late!"

"Thanks for that," Hyesoo said, "See you later, Youngho!"

-♡︎-

"Jisung, Chenle, is Jeno in his office?" Hyesoo asked the two younger boys as she entered NEO Ent.'s building.

Chenle shook his head, "He's in a meeting with some casting agents, you can go up to his office though."

Hyesoo smiled, "Great. How are you two doing? Trainees aren't giving you a hard time, are they?"

Park Jisung and Zhong Chenle were talented, to say the least. The two younger best friends were an amazing dancer and phenomenal singer, respectively. After college, the two went off in different ways with Jisung becoming a professor in Yeonseo Academy in the Fine Arts Department, and Chenle went to work in a pretty crappy office job. They were stable jobs and weren't entirely bad, but when NEO Ent. was founded, the younger duo knew exactly where they wanted to work at. Jisung became the top choreographer, and Chenle became a vocal trainer, and it was a job truly fit for them.

"The only person that makes my brain ache is Jeno with all of his debut concept changes," Jisung complained.

Hyesoo giggled and ruffled the younger boy's hair, "You'll be fine, you are Park Jisung, the best dancer after all. I'll get going now, catch you soon!" She said before heading towards the elevator.

As the girl exited the compartment, landing on the fourteenth floor, Hyesoo accidentally bumped into someone she expected to run into at least once. "Jaemin!" She exclaimed.

"Hyesoo," The boy acknowledged with a smile, "Going to see Jeno?"

The girl nodded, "How was the meeting?"

"Good. Guess who landed a new role?" He said.

Jaemin isn't social. He doesn't really have any connections outside of his little friend group, so once he got out of college, all the boy did was invest in some different stocks - which did earn him a significant positive amount, bless the boy's luck. But investing isn't something he can do for the rest of his life, he needed a stable job. So, he hopped. From bartending to catering, he did it all just to live a regular life. But in the end, Jaemin found exactly what he wanted to do, follow his major and become an actor. A couple years down the line, Jaemin found his home: With his friends, becoming an official actor at NEO Ent.

"That's amazing! I'll make sure to watch it when it comes out," Hyesoo exclaimed.

The two of them laughed together, "I'll see you soon, bye Hyesoo," Jaemin said. Hyesoo waved 'goodbye' before making her way towards Jeno's office. She knocked, when she didn't hear any signs of disapproval, the girl knew she could enter.

"You're in a good mood," Hyesoo smiled.

Jeno chuckled, "Jaemin got a new gig, Haechan's comeback is confirmed, META's promotions are going steady, the new boy group is almost ready for debut, and I've got a lunch break with you. Everything's finally lining up, why wouldn't I be happy?"

"I'm glad everything's working out for you," Hyesoo gleamed.

Jeno gave her a warm smile, "I am too. So, what do we have planned for today?"

"Well, I saw this diner to help me recover from my longing for American food, and I've got the day off, so I was thinking we could hang out afterwards," Hyesoo said.

"Sounds good to me. I'm all yours for the day," Jeno smiled.

Hyesoo's eyes opened wide, "Really? You're not putting off any meeting for me, right?"

He chuckled, "Nope! I made sure to schedule everything earlier, so that I can spend time with you."

"Wow, you do still have some romantic sense in you," Hyesoo said in awe.

"Just a little," Jeno smiled, walking up to her, "So, shall we get going?"

"We shall."

almost gave yall the actual date but then i was like

almost gave yall the actual date but then i was like... next chapter lol