𝟒𝟗 | 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭

Hyesoo stood there, her mouth agape

Hyesoo stood there, her mouth agape. She couldn't believe it. Since when was her friend this successful? The girl stood outside of NEO Ent.'s building, not even daring to enter.

She knew she could. There was a fan gift shop on the ground level that anyone could go to, and she was even given notice that staff were allowed to let her in further into the large corporation, but that didn't stop her from being absolutely shocked.

What the actual fuck? Why is everything so rich people style? Wait, is that even a thing?

Hyesoo took a deep breath, slowly entering the building and heading towards the elevator. "Level fourteen," She whispered to herself. Hyesoo felt like she was digging her grave further and further. When a group of production managers had walked inside the compartment, the girl held her breath, not even daring to breathe around them. She was intimidated, to say the least.

As the girl slowly made her way out of the travel box, she stared down at the floor as she made her way towards her destination. She knocked on the door, and in front of her was a man who seemed to be slightly older than her. He was holding a few folders and had a gentle smile on his face. "Ryu Hyesoo?" He checked, Hyesoo nodded a little bit in confirmation.

"CEO Lee is inside. He's on a call right now, but he'll be done in a minute. You can enter and wait for him for a bit," The man, which Hyesoo assumed to be Jeno's secretary, explained. She nodded and carefully made her way in. Jeno was on a call, so she took a seat on one of the lounge sofas he had in his office.

"A band? You want to change the idol group to a band? They don't even play instruments, do they?" Hyesoo overheard from Jeno's call.

The boy harshly sighed, "I'll talk to him about choreo. You need to edit Haechan's teaser photos, that's your job for now," Jeno continued, "Don't fuck this up again. Okay, bye," He said before dropping the call.

"Rough day at work?" Hyesoo asked, standing up from her chair.

"Everyday is a rough day. Gosh, these interns are so stupid," Jeno groaned.

Hyesoo chuckled, "Sounds bad. Wanna go out for lunch? My treat," She suggested.

Jeno nodded, "Let's do it. I'm craving Chinese food."

The girl nodded, and the pair walked out of Jeno's office. She turned towards him, "You better not order too much," She threatened, Jeno laughed at her not very intimidating statement.

"Sure, I promise."

-♡︎-

"Fuck you and your rich ass."

Hyesoo huffed at Jeno, who was too busy ordering himself a plate of chilli shrimp. "What? I did nothing," The boy innocently said.

She scoffed, "Nothing? This is your third dish, the fuck you mean nothing? I'm not rich."

Jeno and Hyesoo had arrived at the boy's favourite Chinese restaurant. Jeno said that the place had the greatest chicken, but he hadn't even ordered it, and Hyesoo feared for how much the boy was planning to eat. For very good reason as well, Jeno had ordered a plate of cream shrimp, tangsuyuk, and now chilli shrimp, all while the girl ordered a small plate of jjajangmyeon.

"They're all reasonable prices, you're overexaggerating," Jeno reassured.

"You're overexaggerating," Hyesoo mocked, "You don't have the right to speak with your black card that refuses to pay for this."

Jeno's mouth hung open, "I told you we were gonna split the bill in half!"

"Oh, big whoop!"

Jeno sent the girl a frown, to which she rolled her eyes at. "I'm not even that rich, most of my money is under assets, not mine," He reminded her.

"Yes, because driving around town in a Maserati is all of a sudden considered poor," She retorted.

"Jaemin drives a Pagani, and I don't see you calling him rich!"

"Oh I most certainly would, but he isn't here so I'm not going to say anything about it," Hyesoo said. This caused the two to laugh together for seemingly no apparent reason.

"I'm glad we had this chance to catch up," Jeno exclaimed, taking a sip of his water.

Hyesoo nodded, "Yeah, it's nice to know what you and the guys have been up to. Fun life you must have."

"Depends on how you see it. You, on the other hand, lived such a cool life. America, really?" Jeno shrugged.

Hyesoo chuckled, "I guess so. We both had a good life, yours was a lot more in the spotlight though. I saw your wedding on Naver."

"Ah," Jeno awkwardly began, "Yeah. I got your letter as well."

Hyesoo's eyes opened wide, "Oh, that. I'm sorry about that, I had thought you might've gotten married a little sooner. That way it wouldn't be that weird. Sorry about that."

"No no, it's okay. Jaemin was incredible at remembering that," Jeno reassured.

Hyesoo laughed, "I know, I was sure he would've forgotten."

"Are you okay?" Jeno asked, making the atmosphere more serious, "Like, you don't feel uncomfortable or anything, right?"

Hyesoo shyly nodded, "I'm really sorry again, Jeno. I... I want to be with you, but, I just wanna take it slow for now. I don't really want a repeat of what happened in the past."

"It's okay. Take your time," Jeno said, "We can start over again." Hyesoo smiled at his words.

This is what she wanted. Over the years, the girl learnt one thing. She's been way too caught up on the past that she didn't even know what she wanted. Ever since highschool, the girl thought everything she did was for the better. It may not work in her favour, but it made sense that things should be in a certain way. But now, everything was fitting into a bigger picture. The puzzle was almost done. This kind of feeling of completion was euphoric for her. Hyesoo wanted to be with Jeno in due time, and as long as he waited for her, she could. This was it.

She finally knew what she wanted.

my writing has been dying for a while now- someone save me

my writing has been dying for a while now- someone save me. ive been forgetting to update as well i'm sorry 😭