𝟐𝟗 | 𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

"So, where are we going?"

After the encounter at the old garden, Jeno and Hyesoo made plans to meet up after their classes. Hyesoo was just asking Jeno what they wanted to do. Jeno shrugged, "I don't know. We could go anywhere," He responded.

"Well then, amusement park?" She proposed.

Jeno gave her a chuckle, "We always go there, but yeah, that's fine," He replied.

"Great," Hyesoo smiled, linking her arm into Jeno's. The two were making conversation with each other until they spotted a sleek black car pull up in front of them. "Uh, Jeno," Hyesoo stuttered, catching Jeno's attention; she pointed at the car in front of them, "Who's ride is that? Is it Chenle's?" She asked.

Jeno sighed and shook his head after sudden realisation of what the vehicle was for, "No, it isn't. It's for me, I'm assuming." Hyesoo let out a small 'o' and raised her eyebrows in question. Jeno let out another sigh, "It's my mother's wishes. Don't worry about it, but I guess we can't hang out."

"It's fine, you should get going. I think I see Sungchan over there, so I'll just hang out with him," She reassured.

"Ok then, I'll see you later then?" Jeno suggested. Hyesoo nodded and walked towards Sungchan. Jeno took a deep breath before making his way towards the car. As he opened the door of the small limousine, he saw two people inside.

"Jeno! Glad you knew it was for you. I was a little worried you wouldn't notice," The man in the front exclaimed.

Jeno recognised him as Moon Taeil, the chauffeur his mother hired. His mother always wanted a personal driver for the family. Apparently, it makes a person seem richer than others. Jeno thought it was stupid, but he likes Taeil. The guy was friendlier than what he thought chauffeurs were supposed to be like, and Jeno enjoyed his company.

"Yeah, I figured it out pretty easily," Jeno replied, stepping into the car. On his way inside, he noticed the other person already sitting inside, staring out the window.

"Hello?" Jeno questionly greeted.

"Hi," She responded, turning around to face him.

Jeon Jiyeon. The first daughter and second child of Jeon Corporations. Jeno doesn't know much about business, but he has heard that she's more of the reserved yet action-forward type. His dongsaeng, Chenle, had told him that she was an ambitious person to what her family wanted; if she had a goal, she would do whatever she needed to achieve it - a bit of a shocker for someone who isn't a talker or outgoing. Jeno remembered that his mother had arranged for them to get married, but he still wondered what she was doing here.

As if she could read his mind's questions, "Our parents set this up. We're supposed to get to know each other before the engagement meeting," She explained.

In his mind, Jeno was dying. "Why the fuck do we have to do this?" He thought to himself. Jeno let out a silent yet deep sigh, "Okay," He shortly responded.

This is gonna be a long day.

gonna double update cuz this is unbearably short :)