𝟎𝟓 | 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

3 years ago:

3 years ago:

Jeno and Hyesoo walked hand in hand into the school. The students in the hallway immediately looked at them with their mouths agape.

Why? Because this was the first official sign that they had gotten together, to many's surprise as no one thought they'd actually get together after the constant flirting the two had.

Despite the shock, everyone was happy for them. Who wouldn't be when high school's golden boy and sweetheart were together? They made a great match, and there was nothing to be mad about.

However, despite the constant support, there was somebody that resonated a bad feeling in the pit of Jeno's stomach.

Park Jinhyuk.

Your average high schooler. The boy had average grades and average athleticism. He wasn't a threat to anyone. Except, maybe music, the guy was a killer guitarist and wrote so many good lyrics. However, how could that be a threat when they're in high school. Most of the things you do are for fun and not competition. He was just another student, nothing special about him. Maybe except for the fact that he was Hyesoo's best friend.

And that was a big deal to Jeno.

The man had jealousy issues, but he was a dumb teenager, who could blame him?

"'Sup Hye," Jinhyuk greeted the girl, "Jeno."

Hyesoo greeted her friend with a smile and wave, before she was dragged away to class by her boyfriend.

Hyesoo looked up at Jeno with a perplexed look on her face. Her doe eyes opened wide with a slight sparkle in them, her mouth created a small 'o' shape, and her hair slightly covering her face.

Jeno looked down at the girl, his heart melting a bit and his face softened. That quickly changed as the boy gained composure and looked at his girlfriend.

"I know you and Jinhyuk have been friends since forever, but maybe you could hang out with him less?"

"Why would I do that Jeno?" Hyesoo asked in slight disbelief that her boyfriend wants her to end the friendship she's had with Jinhyuk since their freshman year.

"I don't know. I just don't want you hanging out with him as much."

Hyesoo sighed, she didn't want to lose her best friend, but she also didn't want to lose her new boyfriend. After much deliberation, she asked, "Can I at least go out there and at least tell him? I don't wanna ghost him."

Jeno hesitated, but he eventually nodded, "I'll wait in here for you."

And with that, Hyesoo went out to tell her friend that her boyfriend wants them to hang out less.