𝟓𝟑 | 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

"I can't believe we're back here

"I can't believe we're back here."

There were obviously places Jeno initially avoided driving by after his and Hyesoo's departure from one another, one of which being the oh so familiar amusement park that he spent practically every weekend there. Not intentionally of course, it's a place of leisure, how stupid would it look if everyone thought the boy had an irrational fear against amusement parks. No, rather, they were subtle detours he would make. For instance, if one of his friends asked if he'd like to go back to the amusement park for old times sake, Jeno would kindly decline.

Perhaps, that is why walking down the park grounds, the boy felt a sense of familiarity that seemed missing from his life for quite some time.

"Feels weird, right? Like in a good way, you know," Hyesoo replied.

Jeno nodded, "Yeah. It feels so new even though it isn't."

Well, he wasn't terribly wrong. A decade had given the park much needed time to renovate practically every ride, or at least the not so popular ones. The only familiar attractions that Jeno could recognise was that dreaded rollercoaster and the one and only ferris wheel.

"So, where to go first?" Hyesoo turned to him, smiling.

Jeno smirked, "Rollercoaster."

Almost instantly, the once pure smile wrapped around the girl's face was smacked off. A look of horror was plastered. "Jeno, I haven't gotten over my fears yet."

"Then it's a perfectly good time to conquer them now," He shrugged, dragging her over to the line. Hyesoo groaned as she climbed into her seat.

"I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die," She muttered under her breath as she was strapped into the cart.

Jeno let out a hearty laugh, "You aren't, come on. I'm right next to you." Hyesoo sent him a slightly threatening glare, though inside, she was melting at the bare minimum, empathetic words Jeno had shared.

Within seconds of letting her guard down, the ride immediately sped off. The only thing heard within a mile was probably the girl's deafening scream. After the terror that was the old rollercoaster, Hyesoo dragged Jeno to possibly every single ride. The boy was going to complain after the third ride, but shut up upon realising it was most likely a payback for bringing the girl to her least favourite attraction.

Nearing the end of the day, the pair was caught at the top of the ferris wheel, staring down at the once familiar view. The sun shone down on every piece of earth, making it all shine. It was possibly one of the most ethereal views the two had ever seen in quite some time.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Hyesoo said in awe.

Jeno smiled, "I wouldn't trade this for anything."

She chuckled, "What, this view?"

Jeno laughed and shook his head, "This view. This moment. You. Whatever it is, I'd never want to replace it."

The girl's cheeks flustered a red hue, his words still making her feel as if she was her younger self once again. She was so utterly in love that she didn't even know, but everyone around her could. That's what made her love so innocent and warm. Even after all this time, Hyesoo had the emotion of a highschool girl that was deeply in love, and only a certain Lee Jeno could make her feel like that.

"I wouldn't want to trade this either," She softly uttered.

The two stared at each other for what seemed like forever. They were lost in each other's gazes, only coming back to the real world when a worker politely asked them to step out of the gondola.

As the pair strolled around the park, Jeno couldn't help but smile at the warmth he was feeling his heart. It was the simpler things in life that made him happy. That he would never change.

"I love you, do you know that?"

Jeno widened his eyes and stared at the girl beside him, who was unexpectedly staring back at him. "Did I hear you correctly?" He asked.

Hyesoo smiled, "I love you. It may have taken me so long to understand how I truly feel, but I know now. And I'm ready now. I love you, Jeno."

Jeno stepped closer to the girl so that the two were ever so incredibly close to each other now. "I love you too, and I wanna be with you. Again," He laughed.

Hyesoo chuckled, "I wanna be with you too. Until the very end."

The pair smiled. Finally, after everything that had ever happened between the two, they were finally together once again. So, there was no surprise at what Jeno did next, only pure bliss.

He kissed her.

And nothing had ever felt so right.

i'm going to stop making update promises that i cant keep-but wowww my babies 😭 53 chapters and only now they've kissedbook is ending soon :(( ive only got 1-3 chapters left just to tie everything together again 😭

but wowww my babies 😭 53 chapters and only now they've kissed
book is ending soon :(( ive only got 1-3 chapters left just to tie everything together again 😭