𝟐𝟖 | 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

Despite what many of his peers may assume, Jeno wasn't a chaebol

Despite what many of his peers may assume, Jeno wasn't a chaebol. That title would have to go to his beloved dongsaeng, Chenle. However, Jeno's family was on the rise of being the next wealthy family of this generation. The only reason for this would be because Jeno's parents were never around, and were, instead, mingling with a close upper class family for a possible marriage, in order to achieve a status of wealth.

Jeno was never fond of this plan. For obvious reasons, you may say. He was content with his life, and since when did money buy happiness? His mother was displeased with his choices, and continued to point out the boy's flaws as an attempt to convince him to change his ways. And that is why when Jeno met up with his mother in a private room at her favourite restaurant, his face was stoic to prevent his mother from catching any weaknesses.

"Jeno, dear! It's about time you arrived," His mother greeted him, the cynical smile Jeno expected was plastered upon her face.

"Where's dad?" Jeno asked, ignoring his mother's comment.

Her smile turned into a strict expression, "Treat me with respect and greet me back," She voiced as she took a sip of her tea, "Your father is busy. He's currently discussing with the Jeons on... establishments," She explained.

Jeno's eyebrows furrowed at her statement. His parents have been attempting to set up some sort of tie between the two families for 3 years now. It wouldn't be much of a concern to Jeno, except for the fact that their plans have been rumoured to be an arranged marriage of the two descendents.

Jeno, brushing off his worries for the time being, and focused his attention back to his mother. "What did you call me here for?" He interrogated.

His mother ignored his question, taking a bite from the plate of dumplings, "Why the rush, Jeno? You just got here," She stated.

And I already want to leave.

Jeno subtly rolled her eyes at the older woman, "I have classes. In fact, I skipped my lectures just to be here," He remarked.

His mother sighed, "Fine. I heard from some of your peers that you're getting back together with that Ryu girl," She began.

"Her name is Hyesoo."

"Ryu, Hyemin, Soohye, whatever her name is... she isn't important. You need to stop hanging out with her," She professed.

And that is when Jeno's neutral expression changed, his eyes opened wide in shock, "Why?" He questioned.

"Your father and I have plans that the Jeons' first daughter, Jeon Jiyeon, will be yours," She conveyed, ignoring the look on her son's face, and rather, focused her attention on the food laid out in front of her.

"Yours?" He inquired.

"We're planning a betrothal," She explained.

Jeno was flabbergasted, "Without my permission? Is this even official yet?"

"You are our son, since when did we need your permission to do what we wish?" She reprimanded, forcefully placing her cup of tea onto the table., "And no. The plan isn't official, but that is why your father is discussing the possibilities as we speak."

Jeno shook his head and stood up from his chair, making his way toward the door of the private room, "I'm not listening to you. And until you've figured out your failure of a plan, you will not be hearing from me." He declared, placing his hand on the knob of the door.

He could hear the sound of a bang against the table, which he assumed was his mother's fist. "Lee Jeno! If you walk out this door, you will face the consequences of disobeying us," His mother threatened.

Jeno paused for a moment before speaking. He turned around, facing his mother, who looked at him with the face of expected victory for being able to talk some sense int oher child.

"Then let all hell break loose," He announced, leaving his mother there, astonished by his behaviour.

-♡︎-

"There you are!"

Jeno turned around to see Hyesoo, she heaved a sigh of relief, "Oh, thank goodness you're here. Jaemin asked me to look for you. Gosh, did you know how worried we all were for you? I haven't you since this morning, your friends as well. Your poor dongsaeng, Jisung, thought you were kidnapped! You missed all your morning classes!" The girl exclaimed.

Jeno shifted his entire body to face the girl, "How did you find me?" He asked, a kind smile, one that wasn't there before, on his face.

Hyesoo let out an airy laugh, "I checked all your possible classrooms, the lunch room, and the library. I even checked the greenhouse, knowing you'd probably wouldn't be there. But, it gave me the idea that you'd most likely be here. After all, you did mention you come here often," She rambled on as she took a seat on the dried up fountain, facing Jeno who was sitting at the small garden table.

Jeno let out a chuckle, "You're cute when you care" He expressed. Hyesoo's cheeks flushed a cherry hue by his statement, she looked away to hide her blush. "Are you embarrassed?" Jeno teased.

"What? Nooo, pshh. Why would I be?" She nervously chuckled, "Anyways, are you okay?" She began, attempting to change the topic.

"Was it obvious I'm not?" Jeno questioned, his face expressing worry and despair. Hyesoo's heart broke at the sight of the boy like this. "No, of course not. It was just a hunch," She explained, letting Jeno heave a sigh of relief.

"There's nothing you need to worry about for now," Jeno quickly stated.

"Does that mean there will be something in the future?" Hyesoo inquired. She was worried for him. Whether it was her or someone else, it broke her heart to ever see Jeno upset, a bit cheesy of her you may say. "No, there's nothing," Jeno insisted, "Just... " He prolonged. Hyesoo looked at him, her face displayed a look of a need for continuation. Jeno took another breathe before asking his question:

"Stay with me?"

Hyesoo smiled at him and approached the boy, sitting in the other chair at the garden table. She took Jeno's hands into her own before smiling at him.

"Always."

kinda didn't wanna update cuz i'm tired but i didn't wanna leave yall dryanyways i have a GOOD feeling BAD things are coming ahahaha😃

anyways i have a GOOD feeling BAD things are coming ahahaha😃