𝟒𝟎 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Dear Jeno,

Dear Jeno,

It's been a while, right? The day after we parted, I asked Jaemin to give this letter to you when you get married, whenever that is, so I hope this doesn't alarm you. If it gets to you, I'd be surprised that Jaemin didn't forget. Anyways, how have you been? How's marriage life?

Oh, and in case I forget, congratulations :)

You're probably really confused about why I'm writing to you. I would be too if I randomly got a letter from you as well. Though it's long overdue, I wanted to say thank you.

Thank you for all the memories. All the trips to the amusement parks, the good morning messages, and the amazing memories you've given me. Before all of this crazy shit that we've been involved in, you were my first friend at the Academy besides Jinhyuk. Thanks for that, by the way, I'd never be able to survive some of my courses without your companionship. I'd also love to thank you for that great reccomendation of the old garden. It's given me a good realisation about how much I relax myself around greenery. I also thank you for the love you opened up for me once again. It's always made me guilty that I had enclosed you into that crazy cold personality because you thought you didn't deserve love again. I'm sorry about that. You really didn't deserve it, and if I could go back in time, I would've told you the truth.

When I first approached you, thinking everything was ok, I should've known. I knew it was hard and difficult for you to come and forgive me. I knew you were afraid, I was too. You didn't wanna be hurt anymore, yet I still hurt you... several times heh. Even on the day I left you before last night, I made you cry with the words I said. I regretted it as soon as I turned around, I'm sorry.

But, let's stop dampening the mood, shall we? I really mean it Jeno. Thanks for everything. With you around, I felt like I learnt more about the world and about love. Life isn't about searching for love, but rather understanding when love comes and when it doesn't.

Our love wasn't to be. But as I said, if we really were meant to be with each other, we'd meet once again in the future. Maybe as acquaintances, as friends, or maybe more. Perhaps in this cold winter, spring will sprung, and the cherry blossoms will bloom, indicating the beginning of a new relationship... kidding, sort of.

The love that someone like you gave me, and someone like me gave you won't always exist, yet I wish that you'll find a love better than ours. Our memories together... I thank you for everything once again. I hope I can meet and love you once again, just like before. But, we'll leave that up to fate, right?

But anyways, as my first love, I want to wish you a great life for now and forever (even if it isn't with me). You deserve to find someone that will love you, contrasting what you thougt you deserved.

If you've wonder where I've been, don't worry about it. I've given you space, and I think it might've been best if I did. Maybe we'd both be happier with this distance as well.

... I feel like I need to say something else, otherwise I'll never move on. But I won't. I'm already embarrassed with just this, anything more and I'd probably cringe. So, that's it. I'm finally going to leave you be now.

Congratulations on your marriage once again, Jeno! Your wife's name is Jiyeon, right? Mark told me. I looked her up, and she sounds amazing. Your wedding must've been absolutely spectacular!! Ok, for real now, that's all bye haha

Sincerely, Hyesoo~

time to tie this plot up in a pretty lil bow lolgonna publish the next filler as well:)

gonna publish the next filler as well:)