𝟑𝟐 | 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

"Hye, shit

"Hye, shit. Hyesoo wait!"

His voice grew larger as the distance between the two began closing in. Hyesoo was exhausted from her emotion, and could no longer run as fast as before. Though she tried to pick up her pace, she forgot just how talented the boy was at running. Curse his hardcore track training he did in highschool.

"Hyesoo, please. Just let me explain," He said, cutting her off by running in front of her. The girl was unable to escape, leaving her no choice but to listen to him. But she didn't want to. Regardless of the answer, her heart would be filled with betrayal, the most dreaded feeling ever.

"Just go, Jeno," She pleaded, attempting to walk past him. However, as much as she was persistent to leave, he was at the same level to make sure she stayed. He held her by the shoulders, not letting her escape, and though she tried several times, he wouldn't let her go. "Just let me go, Jeno!" She begged once more, her tears cascading down her face more than before.

"No, you need to let me explain first," He insisted.

"Fine then," She gave up, forcefully pulling her shoulder away from the boy's grip, "Tell me what's happening, Jeno. No matter what you say, it doesn't change the fact that you didn't tell me. You don't think I couldn't hear some of the words you said? Engagement, huh? How are you going to explain that? When were you going to tell me? Is this what you've been stressed about? Have you been leading me on? Say something. Say something right now!" The girl yelled, her tone was visible with pain and anger.

The boy stood there shocked, his voice not cooperating with him at the moment. No matter how many words and explanations Jeno wanted to give her, he couldn't. His mind wouldn't allow him to. Perhaps it was because he didn't want her to get involved with his plans. Perhaps it's because he didn't want the girl worrying over something he could handle. Or perhaps it was just as simple as not being able to speak from the shock that was the girl's heartbreaking monologue.

But whatever the case was, he didn't say anything. Jeno closed his mouth that was open for when he was about to speak. He looked down at his shoes and back at the girl who was still waiting for him to say something. "I- I can't tell you-" He began.

Hyesoo scoffed, "Of course, you can't explain." She glared at him in disgust and disappointment. Her previous tears dried up as her anger couldn't help but let the despair inside her die out, but it seemed as if they were coming back as her emotions built up again. "Jeno, just... just leave me alone. I'm gonna go," She exhaled out, beginning to walk away.

It was hard for the girl herself to ask him to leave, evident through her voice. But the betrayal kept growing without any stop. And it didn't seem like it would end soon. She couldn't do it anymore. All Hyesoo needed was to get Jeno the hell out of her sight, or vice versa. She just refused to see him. Not after this. Not after he went out with someone else. Not after he denied her requests to be alone. Not after he hesitated to speak out the truth.