𝟑𝟔 | 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥

Failure

Failure. The lack of success. To many, failure isn't an option. There is no way that in this possible universe, failure exists. But, there are some things in the universe that a lone person can't defy. And failure is one of those principles. Inevitably, everyone will fail at some point. All you can do, though, is just pray that you don't fail at the worst times.

Failure. That is what just happened.

See, there were three variables that Jeon Jiyeon and Lee Jeno wished with all of their power that they would be in control of: Jeon Jungkook, hatred, and expectation. But, fate had different plans. Soon, bit by bit, their plans slipped through their hands like a man attempting to grab a load of sand.

They've lost.

"We can talk about your resignation later, Jungkook. If you're actually serious, that just means we need to plan this wedding sooner."

The words of her father rang in Jiyeon's head. She just led Jeno into a huge battle and lost. How were they supposed to fight back now? How were they supposed to come back from this?

"Jeon? Jiyeon? Jiyeon, are you there?' She heard the voice of Jeno as he flicked her forehead to snap the girl out of her thoughts.

"Uh, ow?" She questioned, her face filled with disgust.

"Sorry, but you dragged me out of here, and now you've been spacing out for a good minute," Jeno explained. The girl didn't answer with a snarky response or a glare, she just stood there. Her mind raced with numerous thoughts. "He doesn't know?" She thought to herself.

"Jiyeon? Not again. If you're not gonna say anything, let's get back inside. We have to still execute the plan, remember?" Jeno stated, turning on his heel to go back inside the private dining room.

"No. We can't."

Jeno turned around in confusion. The first proper words that his partner in crime speaks is one of negativity. It peaked his interest, what was happening that he didn't know of? "What do you mean?" He asked carefully.

"We've... we've lost. My parents, though they never said so explicitly, it's in their eyes; they love you already, you dumbass. And then this news... I can't believe my brother really isn't going to run the company-"

"Wait, if this is about your brother, how does this involve us?" Jeno cut the girl off as she had began rambling.

"Because the only reason my parents would ever cancel this wedding was because Jungkook was taking over. But now, he isn't, and they're gonna need a distraction. That's why my parents will use this wedding to cover up their troubles," Jiyeon explained, not even taking a glance at the boy in front of her. She felt guilty. Like she was unable to guide this mission to success.

A deafening silence sweeped over them. The two of them, unable to speak. Jeno felt caught in a bear trap; he was stuck, and he didn't know how to get out. "Well," Jeno began, cutting off the intense silence, "What do we do now?"