𝟐𝟕 | 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬

Jeno glanced down at his phone, he carefully opened up his Messages as he hyped himself up for what was to come

Jeno glanced down at his phone, he carefully opened up his Messages as he hyped himself up for what was to come. He took a deep breath before opening up Hyesoo's contact to send her a message:

Nono
not to be creepy or anything...
but i'm outside of ur house rn

Hye
and may i ask y?

Nono
i'm walking you to school
i mean- if that's ok?

Hye
haha i'd like that
i'm coming see u downstairs!

Within a couple of minutes, Hyesoo had made her way out of her house and onto the pavement where Jeno was standing. "Hey!" She exclaimed which made Jeno look up from his phone to look at her.

"Hi," He greeted back, he nodded his head in the direction of the girl's house, "Is your mum home?" He questioned.

"Yeah, so let's go before she sees you," The girl responded, dragging Jeno by the hand. Hyesoo was walking so fast that she couldn't see Jeno in her peripheral view. Startled by the sudden contact, Jeno's face was contorted in shock. His mouth was let open while his cheeks were flushed with red all over. The sound of his heart pounding was all he could here, a sound Hyesoo failed to recognise as she held his hand by her side. "Somehow, she's always able to make my heart pound," He thought to himself.

"Uh, Jeno?" Hyesoo questioned, causing Jeno to come out of his heart pounding state.

"Hm?" He uttered in confusion.

Hyesoo chuckled at Jeno's failure to pay attention, she pointed at the cross section they were standing at, "Do you know which direction is the school? I'm pretty sure the bus takes a longer route," She explained.

Jeno composed himself and quickly replied, "Uh, yea," He pointed his hand in the left direction, "This way." Hyesoo smiled at him, and Jeno swore he saw flowers bloom when she did, or perhaps that was just his absurd imagination brought by his own feelings. When it was safe, Hyesoo brought her hand into Jeno's once again, walking with him on the path to the Academy. After a couple of minutes, the Academy was in sight, and the two had arrived.

As the pair walked up to the entrance, only then Hyesoo realised what was happening. The close proximity of the two and the contact between them made her heart pound; to her, the feeling felt so loud that Jeno may hear the sound of her heart beating, but lucky for her, Jeno was worrying about his own heart.

Walking in together, all eyes were on them. Many of those stares were brought by Jeno's fangirls, though, there were also plenty of passing students with no association with the two that were looking at them. And who could blame them? It's not everyday you see Jeno with someone outside the Dreamies, let alone one of the female gender. The eyes of their classmates were filled with a mixture of jealousy, confusion, and utter shock.

Jeno bent down to reach Hyesoo's height. Leaning in towards her ear, he whispered, "Seems a little like déjà vu, right?"

Hyesoo let out a playful scoff and chuckle, she looked up to him, "What? Just like when we first started dating?"

Jeno chuckled as well, his eyes smiling along, "Yep," He shortly responded.

Once they had arrived at their lockers, Hyesoo turned towards Jeno. "Well, I have to go now. I'm not attending this morning's lecture because of a committee meeting, but hopefully I'll see you soon?" She shyly stated. Jeno smiled his classic eye smile, one that made those around him confused at his expression. He caressed the girl's head and gave her a genuine smile, "Of course. See you later, Hye." Hyesoo smiled back at the boy and went off on her way.

Jeno looked down at the ground, not wanting other passing students to see his flushed face and his smile that just couldn't disappear off his face. Though, the smile was erased in a matter of seconds as he felt someone hit him from the back of his head.

"Ow?" He exclaimed, turning around to see Renjun with a smug look on his face.

"Hey, Jeno," The shorter boy exclaimed, a grin on his face.

"What was that for?" Jeno asked, rubbing the back of his head from the pain of Renjun's hit.

The boy pouted, "You left without me. I waited five minutes in front of your doorstep only to have your neighbour tell me you already left." He peered over Jeno's shoulder and nodded his head in the direction of where Hyesoo had went. "You walked her here?" He questioned, to which Jeno nodded slowly as an answer, "Are you dating?" Renjun inquired.

Jeno opened his eyes in slight shock; flustered by the situation, "No, we're not. I thought I already told you that," He spat out.

"Oh, well you should get to it then. We're all tired of waiting for the both of you," Renjun proposed, patting Jeno on the shoulder. He looked over Jeno's shoulder once again to see Hyesoo come out from her committee meeting that was cancelled. Renjun nodded in her direction, "She's over there, you should go talk to her. I have to get to class anyways," The boy suggested before walking off towards the Art Department of the Academy.

Jeno turned around at the mention of Hyesoo. Renjun was right, the girl was standing by the wall, texting someone, which Jeno presumed was her friends. He was about to make his way over to her before he felt his pants buzz, which was brought by the ring of his phone because someone was calling him. Jeno quickly took out his phone and answereed the call.

"Hello?" The boy greeted, "What? Now?" He soon questioned. Jeno looked around him, an annoyed expression on his face. "I'm kinda busy at the moment," He excused. Whatever the other person on the line had said afterwards, it made Jeno sigh in frustration. "Fine, I'm coming."

Jeno rolled his eyes, he looked over towards Hyesoo who only just now spotted the boy. She waved at him and was about to make her way over to the boy, but Jeno ignored her and headed straight for the exit in a rush, leaving Hyesoo behind in a confused state.

"What was that?" She thought to herself.

oop- added plot twist👀 lil short srry bout thtalso thanks for 2k reads i love y'all🤍🤍

also thanks for 2k reads i love y'all🤍🤍