𝟑𝟓 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

Jeno sat down on an empty bench

Jeno sat down on an empty bench. It was hard and uncomfortable, but this wasn't the time for him to be complaining and asking for a luxurious seating arrangement. After all, he was in a public park, there isn't much he can do about it. The boy refused to cry, well, more like he couldn't cry. All he could do was breathe. He looked up at the sky which was beginning to fill itself with the stars of the night. "At least it isn't raining," He thought to himself, chuckling.

Departure. It seemed like such a faraway concept that Jeno would never have to experience. But, here he is now. This is it. The final moments of his first love have officially ended, and it was time for him to move on. He'd obviously have to thank her, for everything. All the pain and all the love, it allowed him to understand the world more.

And just like that, the universe began to align in accordance with the time. It was almost like peace was swept over, and there were no longer any troubles. It was all over, even if it meant losing her. His first love. Would he ever see her again? Would he even remember her if he did? Those questions intrigued the boy's mind, though, the answer wasn't going to come falling from the sky. He would have to leave that up to fate.

How did he even get here in the first place? Well, it is quite the story...

A couple hours before:

A common misunderstanding of Lee Jeno and Jeon Jiyeon is that the two know exactly what they were doing. They don't. The duo pair is what people may possibly call an idiotic arrangement. One of them doesn't know anything, and the other thinks they know everything. At times, this may just be the best duo to execute an innocent plan, but this scheme is quite the opposite. Depending on how the night goes, Lee Jeno and Jeon Jiyeon may be tied together in holy matrimony for a very long time.

So, they need it to go perfect. They must rely on a couple of things in order to make sure they hear the sweet words of 'The engagement is cancelled' come out of their parents' mouths. There are three variables that must always be perfectly balanced to make sure their plan goes safely: Jeon Jungkook, hatred, and expectation.

However, they've failed to realise their surroundings.

Now, if there was perhaps one thing Jiyeon should've told the boy before the dinner, it was that he must be prepared for all the surprises. The Jeons were an unpredictable bunch, everything about them constantly changed. Their business plans, their investments, their stocks, and the family. They weren't defined to one path as that would be boring. Jeon Jihoon, the owner of Jeon-Pacific Engineering, as well as Jiyeon's father, once said this, "If business was predictable, everyone would've done it." Though the man was talking about the foundations of a company, the saying holds true for most of what the Jeons do. Perhaps, it runs in the family, each and every single one of them always have a plan that no one could see coming, even within the household. And maybe, Jiyeon should've warned herself and Jeno about this before he was introduced. Because of this, the duo has failed to make sure their expectations will occur.