Chapter 47 - "Enough of Golmal..."

Hotel premises: Poolside: 9:40 am:

Nandini looked here and there and grabbed her bathrobe even more tightly around her tiny figure. Manik observed her from the corner of his eyes and concealed his smile.

Nandini: (In a dilemma) "Manik, people have come to the poolside so early. I thought it would be pretty empty. But look...it's so crowded."

Manik: "Hmmm....I knew it. You won't be able to do this."

Nandini: (Was taken aback) "I will...."

Manik: (Grinned) "Okay then. I am going inside the pool and within 5 minutes, join me. And yes, please don't come in this bathrobe. It's a swimming pool and you are supposed to swim in a swimsuit which you have worn with so much conviction. Now, show your conviction and boldness here, wifey."

Manik winked at Nandini and approached the swimming pool while Nandini was looking at his back with a frown and pout. She was really caught in her own trap. She again skirted her eyes all around. Some European guys were scatteredly sitting on the recliners while 2-3 people were inside the pool. A handsome guy smiled at her. Nandini robotically reciprocated and sauntered at the pool. Meanwhile, Manik got into the water and started enjoying his morning swimming. Nandini stood at the edge of the pool and lightly dipped her right toe in the water. It was cold. Manik beckoned her. For the last time, Nandini glanced here and there and reluctantly opened the bathrobe. For a moment, she closed her eyes but a familiar voice made her open them instantly.

Manik: "Not bad, Mrs Malhotra. You are looking super sexy. Now, come inside the water if you don't want to be ogled more."

Nandini carefully grabbed the ladder and slowly dipped herself inside the pool. Immediately Manik held her in his arms.

Manik: (In a teasing tone) "Stick to me. Don't forget you don't know how to swim."

Nandini: (With a pretentious frown) "Are you concerned about my disability of swimming or my ability to do something else?"

Nandini looked at the other guys swimming in the pool who were obviously looking at her with sheer admiration. Manik followed her eyes and pursed his lips. He suddenly pulled Nandini towards him and wrapped her waist tightly.

Manik: (Whispered) "They only can see you but I have you, Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra. Now, don't try to be over smart or else I know how to shut it."

Nandini rolled her eyes at him and Manik with no second lifted her in his lap and went to the deeper side. Being scared Nandini snaked her arms around his neck. Just then the shutter of a mobile camera clicked and it kept on clicking, taking the photos when Manan was absorbed in their water play.

..............................................

Soha's office: Her Cabin: 10:30 am:

Soha was on her phone. Today she was determined to encash her new friendship with Aliya.

Soha: (In a sugar-coated tone) "Hello Aliya. You totally forgot me, Babe. Otherwise, you would have called me in between. I missed you so much. And at last, I only called you."

Aliya: (Embarrassed) "Oh, nothing like that, Soha. Actually, I was busy with my exam. I missed you too. Tell me how is everything going?"

Soha: (With fake tiredness) "Nothing is going great, Babe. Our chief Architect is in off. And it doubled my work. By the way, that day I was in hurry so couldn't have the time to clarify one thing. Your brother's girlfriend is Navya...right? And Manik Malhotra is your tenant! The biggest coincidence is both of them work in my office only. Manik is our chief Architect. See the world is really small. Now, we have another connection. But that day you and your brother were saying something about Manik that he has some affair with his cook...blah..blah...What was that? I mean if you have no problem you can tell me. I am a good secret keeper. Ha..ha."