Chapter 3 -Crazy Deshmukh Family....

Mumbai: Deshmukh Niwas: Living room: 9: 30 am:

Vishwanath, Sulbha and Cabir were sitting in the living room. Lazy Sunday morning. So there is no hurry for office or college. Instead, everybody was waiting for a holiday special breakfast.

Vishwanath: "Cabir what do you think? What is going to happen in this election?"

He folded the newspaper and kept it aside. Before Cabir could say anything Sulbha picked the topic up.

Sulbha: "Election reminded me of one thing. Cabu this time I don't want to miss my vote. Go to the election office and check if my name is there or not. Last year my name was missing on the list."

She looked disappointed.

Cabir: " Nani, suppose your name is there on the list but what is the guarantee that even this time you will not repeat that hilarious blunder that you committed last to last year?"

Cabir grinned profusely.

Sulbha: " Cabu, it happens. I went to the polling booth normally. I have the hundred rupee note in my left hand and the ballot paper on the right. I was very much sure that I put the paper in the ballot box but when I went to the shop I saw........"

Cabir: "That you have the ballot paper in your hand and the note has vanished. Nani, I think you misunderstood the ballot box as the temple donation box."

Cabir busted out.

Vishwanath: "But one thing for sure that the counting team must have been very happy. Aai ( Mother) you gave them unexpected token money."

He joined Cabir. Sulbha looked helpless. Aloka entered with breakfast plates followed by Lata with tea.

Lata: "Cabir baba before anything arrange a hearing aid for Aai (Sulbha)."

Sulbha rolled her eyes at Lata and she immediately kept mum.

Cabir: "Why? What happened? Nani, are you having any problem with hearing?"

Cabir became curious.

Aliya: "Yes. She is having and ask me how terribly she needs a hearing aid."

She entered the room and sat on the sofa beside Cabir who looked at her having a question mark on his face. On the other hand, it seemed like if possible Sulbha would have disappeared from the room at the very moment.

Aliya: "Yesterday a voting campaign was going on. A procession was going from the front road. They are yelling a slogan ' Kiski dakhal me Dilli? (who will capture Delhi?) And What Dadi heard? ' Kiski bagal me Billi?'(who has the cat near to him?)"

Lata: "This is nothing Aliya didi. Last Sunday when Raghubir( Milkman) came in the morning, Aai asked if he had some extra milk because Aloka beheni( sister-in-law) was supposed to make Kheer( a sweet dish). Raghubir said 'Gai ne doodh kam choda hai'(Cow has given less milk). But Aai was so hyper and yelled, 'Then what are you doing here? Go home. Do you have a heart or not?' Raghubir was so confused that he rushed to his home without even taking his cycle."

All the members of the room were also perplexed as that why did Sulbha react like that? Cabir crunched his eyes in suspicion.

Cabir: " Nani what did you hear?"

Sulbha (After a lot of hesitation): "Bai ne khud dum toda hai (Wife has committed suicide).

The room was quiet for a few seconds only to be echoed by a riot of laughter.