Chapter 7- New admirers....

Mumbai: Manik's new office: 10:00 am:

Navya entered Manik's cabin.

Navya: (Enthusiastically)"Sir. Finally, our boss has come. I just saw her entering her cabin. She looks gorgeous but seems rude too."

Navya pouted.

Manik: (Smiled) "At a glance you came to know so much about her? But I heard that she is a very dynamic person. Very dedicated to her work. Never compromises with her job and discipline. If these qualities make her rude then she can't help it. After all, a boss can't be so friendly to her reportees."

Navya: (Frowned) "Why not sir? You are my boss. You have been the boss of our entire team in Delhi for so long but you never acted like that and always used to remain friendly to everyone."

Navya sat on the opposite chair of Manik's desk.

Manik: (Folded his lips) "God knows how long I can hold this nature. This office seems very professional. I can whiff that there is no place for emotion. You have to be a part of the rat race, otherwise, be ready to be replaced."

Manik became unmindful for a second when a knock was heard.

Manik: "Come in."

The peon entered.

Peon: " Mam Sanyal is calling you Sir. After that, you have to meet her too Mam."

He addressed Navya.

Manik nodded. The peon left.

Manik: (Grinned) "Let's see, your assumption about our boss is right or wrong."

He got up and left to head to the boss cabin. Navya made a hapless face. She looked at her phone. A message from Nandini flashed:-

'Shreya gave me the key. You don't need to rush. Will come directly to home after the interview. Wish me luck.'

There is a smile emoji. A satisfactory smile appeared on Navya's lips. She replied:-

' Give your best.' With a thumbs-up emoji.

..............................................

Mumbai: Manik's new office: Soha Sanyal's cabin: 10:15 am:

Manik knocked on the door.

Manik: "May I come in?"

Soha: "Yes please."

Manik entered the cabin with a confident stride. He saw a very attractive and smart girl was sitting on a settee kept in the cabin. Actually, she was searching for something under the corner table. Her highlighted tresses were covering her face and shoulder. She was wearing a forest green one-piece dress extended to the knee. Her legs were crisscrossed gilded with beige colour peep-toe stilettos. The cabin was perfumed with a strong aroma of expensive cologne.

Manik: (Murmured) "Burberry Blush."

Soha lifted her face to see Manik. A 6 ft tall, extremely handsome and charming guy drew her entire attention. Her natural professionalism shook for a moment.

Soha: (Cleared her throat) "Oh, come Mr Malhotra. I was waiting for you."

Manik: "Are you searching for anything Mam? Can I help you?"

Manik indicated the floor where Soha was looking for something.

Soha: ( Nodded) "No, no Nothing. It's my earring. It fell down somewhere."