Chapter 26 - "Love doesn't care the distance..."

Shreya's Flat: Navya's bedroom: 7:00 pm:

Nandini, Navya and Shreya were sitting on the bed having tea, coffee and snacks.

Nandini: (Whimpered) "Yack...Navu, when will you finally learn to make a perfect cup of filter coffee?"

She distorted her face while sipping her coffee.

Navya: (With flared nose) "The day you will learn to make a perfect cup of masala chai (masala tea)"

Both gave each other the murderous look. Having no other option, Shreya had to intervene.

Shreya: (Raised her hands in defeat) "Okay, okay...hold on...stop your catfights. Since you both have entered you two are at loggerheads. Nandini, it's me who made your filter coffee...so you are unnecessarily sticking on Navya. And Navya, I have had Nandini's masala chai and it was not so bad. Care to explain, why are you both in this hostile mood today? "

Nandini: (Glanced at Navya with a frown) "She never listens to me. If I suggest her to go right, she always takes the left."

Navya: (Immediately snatched her words) "And if I tell her to sit, she always has to stand."

Navya showed her tongue to Nandini who immediately reciprocated with a funny grimace. Shreya couldn't understand whether she should laugh or cry to see their childish banter.

Shreya: "Okay, so you both are angry with each other for the reason that you both are not listening to each other. Navya, what is your demand that Nandini is not fulfilling?"

Navya: "I want her to stay with me tonight but she can't sleep without her romantic husband...not for a single night..."

The last line came in a teasing tone. Nandini glared at her and tried to point out the sarcasm to Shreya through eyes to which Shreya blinked and gestured her to ignore.

Shreya: "Okay, and Nandini what is your problem?"

But before Nandini could reply Navya almost jumped between the conversations.

Navya: (In an astonishing tone) "She wants me to go for a blind date...can you imagine?"

Her voice had all the surprise which passed on to Shreya. She widened her eye to Nandini.

Nandini: "So what is the big deal?... I want her to settle and I have chosen someone for her. She just has to meet him. Can't she do it for her best friend?"

Navya and Shreya both were looking at each other trying to fathom if Nandini is talking about her benefit or Navya's.

Navya: (Whined) "If you know him and you think that he is perfect for me then why don't you let me know his bloody name?...this blind date and all...do you want to make my life a drama too as you have made yours?"

She spurted but immediately understood what blunder she has done by saying this as Nandini's eyes were brimming with tears. She immediately encircled her into a bear hug.

Navya: (Stroking Nandini's back) "I am sorry. I didn't want to mean that. It is just I am feeling a little awkward about this. You know I have never done these kinds of staff in my life. I don't even know what will I say to him?...it's very...."

She became mum because of her lack of words. Nandini freed herself from Navya's hold and looked at her with serenity.

Nandini: (With a poised tone) "Navu, you are my best friend. Do you think that I will push you in any fiddly circumstances? He likes you and he wants to meet you once just to express his feelings. I can't reveal his identity to you because he doesn't want you to keep any preconceived notion about him. After meeting him this will be up to you. You are absolutely free to take your decision. No one will force you for anything. But it is my request. Give him a chance."