Chapter 50 - "Edge of tomorrow..."

Manan Flat: In the dining table: 10:30 pm:

Nandini: "Then what did you answer?"

Manik: (With clenched jaws) "Don't ask me how have I controlled myself? That moron is asking me to stay away from you...I was told to stay away from my own wife. Just see his audacity. I was so feeling to smash his nose right there right then."

Dhruv: "But Bhai, you can't blame him. He doesn't know your relationship with Nandu. More of that, he is suspecting you are having an illicit relationship with Gattu Singh. This matter is getting more and more complicated Bhai. I think you should talk about it to Deshmukh's. At least you should take Cabir and Aliya in your confidence after whatever happened today."

Dhruv bent his head in despair. Manik arched his brows at Nandini in a query.

Nandini: (Exhaled a deep sigh) "Aliya came over here today. And I think she is empoisoned by someone against us. She also suspects that you and me I mean Gattu has some relation. She even suspects that Navya also has an affair with Gattu and more of that, she knows about me, I mean Nandini; who is your I mean Manik's girlfriend. God...there are so many confusions."

Manik: (Frowned) "Nandini and Manik....wait, wait, wait...how did she come to know? That means....oh my god...don't tell me Soha knows her and she is only misleading her. Dhruv, what else did she tell you?"

Dhruv: (After a hesitance) "Actually, she created a lot of scenes with Navya. She was blaming and putting allegations on her of being deceitful towards her brother. She was even adamant to call Cabir and get him into the picture."

Manik: "Then? Did she call? Did Cabir come?"

Nandini: "No...Navya started crying. She was looking so helpless. Aliya was too rude to her today. At some point, even I thought to take off my disguise and tell her all reality but Dhruv stopped me as he didn't want to take any step before discussing with you. Manik this drama is now going too far. Aliya was very upset and angry today. I don't want Dhruv and her to have any complications in their relationship because of us."

Dhruv wobbled at Nandini and squeezed her hand in assurance.

Dhruv: (With a composed voice) "Nothing bad will happen to us. Because we are not doing any bad to anyone. It's just a matter of time and misunderstanding. Once all will be solved; everything will get into its place. By the way, Bhai, what did you say about Soha? Now, what has she done?"

Manik: (With flared nose) "What hasn't she done? She has left no stone unturned to defame me...I am just praying this month goes without any disturbance and we finally get over this awkward situation. I am eagerly waiting for my Singapore transfer. You know what she is speculating in the office?"

Manik started narrating.

..............................................

Deshmukh Niwas: Living room: 9:55 pm:

Sulbha: "Why are getting so angry Aloo? I just told you my wish. I like Manik a lot and I want my one and only granddaughter to marry him? What is wrong with it?"

Aliya: (Rolling her eyes) "What is wrong with it? Dadi, why don't you understand? Everything is wrong with it. I don't know Manik. I don't know what is his preferences. How can I marry someone whom I don't like?"

Sulbha: (widened her eyes) "Bike! So, you won't marry him because he doesn't have a bike? Aloo, is this a valid reason, dear? Okay, we will give him a bike as a gift in your marriage. Now, is it okay?"