Chapter 14 -" Narrow escape..."

Mumbai: XYZ School corridor: 11: 00 am:

Nandini was passing when a guy came beside her and matched their steps.

Nandini: (Smiling) "Mr Khurana, good to see you again. Going to the class or it is over?"

Aryamaan: (Brightly smiled) "Just over. Good to see you too. So you finally joined today?"

Nandini: (Nodded) "Yup, my first day in this school as a teacher."

Aryamaan: (Grind) "Students must be delighted to have such a beautiful teacher like you."

Nandini: (Frowned with a light smile) "Are you flirting in any way?"

Aryamaan: (Shrugged) "Not at all. I am just telling the truth. By the way, this is our tiffin break. Would you like to join me in the canteen? I mean if you don't mind."

Aryamaan raised his hand in a surrender gesture. Nandini gazed at him for a moment. She remembered Manik's words and got amused. This guy is trying to hit on her. "What will be his reaction when he will come to know that she is not Ms rather than Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra?" She chuckled in mind.

Nandini: (With a coy smile) "Why should I mind? Let's go."

Aryamaan: (With a wide smile) "Please this way."

He bowed down dramatically and gestured to accompany him. Nandini chuckled and followed him to the canteen.

...........................................

Mumbai: XYZ School canteen: 11: 15 am:

Aryamaan: "So what do you want to have? If you ask me then I would suggest the ' Pav bhaji'. Our canteen-kitchen famous. You should try once."

Both made them comfortable on a corner table. The canteen was quite full. As it was lunchtime most of the tables were occupied by either the students or the faculties. Nandini looked around to do a survey.

Nandini: (In a low voice) "Is this canteen for both the teachers and the students? Don't we have any other place to sit?"

Aryamaan: (Amusingly) "Why? Are you feeling awkward? Do you think after seeing you devouring Pav bhaji your students will respect you less? Ha ha...."

Nandini rolled her eyes in fake anger.

Aryamaan: (Controlled his laughter) "Okay, bad joke. Well, it is a student canteen only but teachers are not banned to enter either. Actually, very few faculties come over here for having their tiffin or lunch. Most of them have it in the staff room though they order it from here only. But I prefer to sit over here and enjoy my meal."

Nandini: (Smiled) "You are very loved by your students I guess so you don't bother about your image."

Aryamaan: (Gestured a slow clap) "Not bad Nandini. Within a couple of hours, you analysed my character traits so well. So why don't you guess more about me? I will be honoured."

Nandini: (Bit her lower lip and grinned) "Well, you are unmarried, very talkative; love to make new friends and a foodie."

Aryamaan: (Made an 'O' shape mouth) "The rest is understandable but how do you know that I am unmarried? Is it written on my forehead?"

Aryamaan lifted his hair from his forehead and pointed it enthrallingly.

Nandini: "Just women instinct. By the way, are we here for only chit-chatting? I am already starving."