Chapter 23- "The dilemma..."

Aryamaan's flat: Living room: 8:20 pm:

Aryamaan: (With a sigh) "I think she has someone in her life..."

For a while, Cabir couldn't sink into his words. Maybe for the effect of the alcohol or maybe it was too hard to digest. He arched his brows with an expression 'Come again...'

Aryamaan: (Try to refine his voice) "I saw her today with someone. They were chatting and laughing like they are very close to each other."

Cabir: (Frowned) "So what? They can be just friends. Now, don't give me that cliché line, 'A boy and a girl can't be just friends.' You are much more progressive to have this notion."

He waved his hands to push away the thought.

Aryamaan: (With much rigid tone) "They were kissing and hugging. It didn't look like they are only friends. It seems that they love each other."

The word 'kissing' pricked Cabir's heart like an arrow. He asked in a shaky voice,

Cabir: "Kissing? They were smooching publically?...."

Aryamaan: (Wobbled in deny) "Not smooching...you always go way beyond. They pecked each other's cheeks."

A sigh of relief came out from Cabir's mouth. His hopeless expression turned to an optimistic one.

Cabir: (Chided) "I go way beyond or you exaggerate all things. They only pecked on each other's cheeks. What is wrong with this? Don't I kiss you on your cheeks? Does it mean we are lovers? Come on, Man...you are daydreaming."

Aryamaan: (With annoyance) "So will you want to wait until they kiss each other on lips?...So that you can congratulate them for their happily ever after life? And how many times I told you to not kiss me in front of Swami?... Last week he was staring at me very weirdly. Now, I am getting confused about his sexuality? Mark my words...if Swami leaves this job, you have to come to my house and have to do everything he does."

He stirred his finger in front of Cabir's nose. For a moment Cabir tried to visualise his helpless condition doing a housemaid job and swallowed the saliva in tension.

Cabir: (Almost whined) "Then what to do?"

Aryamaan: "Forget her...she can't be yours."

Cabir: (Again whined) "Don't say like this buddy. I love her. She is my first love."

Aryamaan felt pity to see his best friend's vulnerable condition. He cupped his cheek and said in an intense tone,

Aryamaan: "Then fight for your love. Uproot that Sardar from her life."

Cabir: (Perplexed) "Sardar?... That guy is a Sardar?..."

Aryamaan: (Reclined on the sofa base) "Yes...A delicate Sardar...I saw a Sardar like him for the first time...He looks like a chota Sardarji. And moreover, his mannerism is very known to me...I mean I met him somewhere...sometime..."

He closed his eyes and furrowed his brows as if he was straining to remember something. Cabir pocked him in his rib cage made him startled.

Cabir: (Pouted like a kid) "You didn't tell me how will I fight for my love?"

Aryamaan: (Rolling his eyes) "If I will tell everything then what will you do? Only romance?....with your drama queen?..."

Cabir kept mum for a while. His eyes beamed with an impish grin.