Chapter 30 - "As you sow, so you reap..."

Nandini's School: Staffroom: 5:10 pm:

Nandini shut the last copy after checking and piled up all the copies to keep it in her allotted locker. She glimpsed at her wristwatch. It was almost done for the day. Twisting the key she checked the locker once more and grabbed the bag to get out. Just then the peon entered. He is a mid-height, dusky elderly person. From every angle, he is very normal-looking; to be precise a look through kind of guy but today it was a totally adverse situation. When he entered, all the teachers were looking at him. That was of course not for his looks but the thing he was carrying in his hand. A big soft toy of a Monkey. Everybody was looking at each other totally perplexed. Before anyone could shoot any question, the peon himself broke the ice.

The Peon: (Showing his both sets of teeth) "Someone sent this for Nandini Ma'am."

A suppressed whisper and mumbling started in the room. It was very much understood that all were contemplating who could be the romantic person and most importantly how is that person related to Nandini? Ignoring the glances and the buzz Nandini strode to the peon.

Nandini: (With a frown) "Someone? Didn't that person tell you the name?"

The Peon: (With a stupid grin) "He said everything is written here."

He pointed to the potbelly of the monkey. Only then, Nandini saw that a folded card is pasted on it. She annoyingly plucked it and opened it. Her face became red. With a flared nose she took the soft toy with a jerk from his hand and without looking at anyone bailed out the staffroom. If she had given the attention she could have heard the buzz behind her.

All the teachers: "Might be Mr Khurana. He is like crazy after her...No..no it must be some other person...Mr Khurana won't behave like this...especially on school premises. He is even absent today...That's why it can be him...nobody will doubt him. What do you say? Does Ms Malhotra have a secret admirer? Who knows..but she is beautiful...I sometimes doubt...why is she still single?"

The buzz was going on and on.

........................................

Manik's Office: Outside of Soha's Cabin: 6:30 pm:

"Today, you will see a great actor Soha. But unfortunately, you won't be pleased to give me a big hand after the show." Manik chuckled in his mind and tapped the closed door softly.

Soha: "Come in.."

She only called Manik so she couldn't be ignorant. Manik entered with a poker face. He knew why Soha called him and he also knew how he has to behave. Without any formality he took the seat Soha glanced up and said in a smooth yet sharp tone.

Soha: "You must be knowing that tomorrow's presentation time has been preponed. Now it will be held at 12 pm..just before lunch. I know that you are not handling this project anymore but I want you to be present there. It would be beneficial for you as you will know where have you lacked and how can you improve."

She shrugged with a smile that fumed Manik to the core. "You bloody Bitch...you are showing my designs in the presentation by slightly changing it and now you are inviting me in this drama? More of this you want me to learn from my own work? Fucking Witch..." Manik cursed her in mind. Right now he was feeling like slapping this bloody cheater but everything should have a right time. He shall slap her but in front of everyone and that slap won't have a sound but the impact will be prolonged and elongated.

Manik: (With a gratified tone) "Thank you, Soha. I know I couldn't live up to your expectation in this work and I am very sorry for that. Still, you are thinking about my benefits and progress. I am really thankful to you for this. Sure I will be there on time. And if you need any help regarding this, please tell me. Not being a part of this project I still would be glad to serve this."