Chapter 36 - "Double trouble..."

Shreya's Flat: Navya's bedroom: 7:30 pm:

Nandini: (With a pretentious sincerity) "So you want to say that his innocent and simple proposal stole your heart? But as I know you considered him a stupid, blunt jester. So how has this metamorphosis of your stubborn heart happened?"

Shreya turned her face to conceal her chuckle. Navya roamed her eyes on both of her teases and sat squarely as she was ready to confront any kind of chaff.

Navya: "You know if you both are in a mood of pulling my leg then... Bye. I am not going to tell you anything about my date. Then bear your bout of curiosity."

Both Nandini and Shreya were not expecting this retaliation. In reality, they were dying to hear everything and they couldn't afford Navya's secrecy.

Nandini & Shreya: (Yelled in fear) "Nooooooo.Please! We are sorry. Will never tease you. Sooooo.....rryyyyy."

Both started pleading like two crying dolls. Now, it was the time for Navya to control her laughter.

Navya: (Showing some mercy) "Okay, okay...now stop all this drama and make a special masala chai (tea) for me. Meanwhile, I am rewinding my memory."

Navya said showing her I'm all right, Jack attitude. Nandini and Shreya were looking at each other and eventually, Shreya got up with an unwilling expression. She couldn't take any further risk to annoy Navya by letting Nandinis make her special tea. After 5 minutes the trio was sitting on the bed making a circle sipping on tea and munching on biscuits and namkeen. It was a pleasant sobremesa.

Nandini: (Being fidgety) "Now, tell how did he propose and how did you say yes?"

A coy smile beamed in Navya's eyes.

Navya: "He said that he wants this cat-mouse banter of ours to stop and he wants to say sorry rather he wants to say that he loves me."

Navya chuckled. On the other hand, Nandini and Shreya popped their eyes up.

Nandini: (With wide-open mouth) "What the....so fast? And I was considering him a shy guy. So you must have been angry with him....right?"

Nandini willingly titillated her best friend's feelings for her new love interest.

Navya: (Chuckled) "On the contrary, I liked his innocent and truthful proposal. But you know it was beyond my imagination. I never thought our unexpected and contentious encounter will end like this... on a happy note."

For a while, Navya was adrift to her la la land. A tranquil smile crept on Nandini's lips. She sighed and rested her hand on Navya's shoulder.

Nandini: (With a soft content voice) "I am happy that you didn't fail to choose the right man for your future life. Only love is important. The rest of things can be handled and you know; cute banter and fights spice up our love life. Or else it becomes insipid. I am telling this from my experience. What do you say Shreya?"

Nandini winked and Shreya whistled in approval.

Shreya: "Yup, for this reason, I always keep a day free in a week to fight with Varun. Otherwise, these boyfriends start forgetting our values."

All three were looking at each other and in the next moment split their sides. Their giggle and quip went on for a while when Nandini remembered something and her face became rigid.

Nandini: (In a profound tone) "Guys, I have another news to share."

Both the other girls squinted their eyes.