Chapter 19 - " The real GolMal begins..."

Manik's Flat: Manan Bedroom: 8:00 am:

A soft push made Manik stir in his slumber. He tried to turn to avoid the unwanted nuisance.

"Manik wake up. It's 8 o'clock. You said you have a meeting today...right?"

A sweet known voice rang in his ears. Without unfurling his eyes Manik stretched his hand and grabbed a soft arm. He pulled the person and said in a sleepy voice.

Manik: "My morning dose. Nandini you know I can't open my eyes without my morning dose. Come, Baby."

He pouted his lips for a kiss but didn't feel anything on them. He tried to open his eyes blinking them repeatedly. A faint face was visible in front of him. A face of a guy with a turban and moustache. He furrowed his brows and opened his eyes trying to get a more clear view.

The guy: (With a mysterious smile) "Sat Sri Akaal Mr Malhotra. I am at your service. Would you like to have your masala tea?"

Manik fluttered his lashes to fathom the matter and jerked to get up on the bed with wide-open eyes. He whistled in excitement.

Manik: "Nandu! What is this? Why are you in this getup?"

He tried to touch her moustache. Nandini moved her face to avoid.

Nandini: "Don't touch. I only have one.

Manik: (Amused) "That's okay, but why all these? You are looking like a chota Sardarji (A kid of Sardar's).

He again tried to touch her fake moustache. Nandini retreated and got up from the bed. She headed to the door. Manik observed she has worn Dhruv's pants and a shirt. Though Dhruv is not very gigantic the attire still fitted her loosely. Manik pursed his lips in amusement.

Nandini: (Turned and looked at him) "You will get enough time to laugh at me. But right now, come to the living room. I am calling Dhruv too. He is still sleeping like a sloth bear."

She disappeared and Manik entered the bathroom to get freshen up.

Manik's Flat: Living room: 8:30 am:

For the last 15 minutes, Dhruv was not being able to control his laughter. Nandini's getup made him split his sides. At last, Nandini lost her patience.

Nandini: (Yelled) "Enough! If you are done with your riot of laughter can I explain why have I disguised myself as a joker?"

Manik & Dhruv: (Hardly controlled the laughter) "Yes please...we are dying to know what forced you to do so?"

Nandini: (Folded her lips) "You... To be precise..your dare. You dared me that I have to leave this house in daylight and that is without letting anyone know my real identity. So I thought to go incognito. It's fun...no?"

She made a funny face.

Dhruv: (whistled in delight) "Superb idea Nandu. Bro, you have lost the dare. I don't think anybody can recognize her as a girl."

Manik grinned and immediately finished his line,

Manik: "To the extent, they may think that she is a malnourished Sardarji."

Both Dhruv and Nandini took some time to grok his words. After realising Nandini glanced at her tiny frame and flared her nostrils in anger. On the other hand, Dhruv again burst into laughter.

Nandini: (Hurled a cushion to Manik) "YOUUUU...."

Manik dodged the hit and raised his hands in defeat.