Chapter 12- "Morning chaos..."

The night melted away. The welcoming sunrays glowed seeping over the horizon finally tried to flood through the orange curtains and laid his warm shine on the naked bodies cocooned with each other. Nandini's nude tiny frame which was lying on Manik's bare chest peacefully encircled by him protectively. Ting....Tong.....Ting....Tong.....a continuous disturbing sound made Nandini squint her closed eyes in irritation. Ting....Tong..... further sound made Nandini finally open her eyes. At first, she couldn't gauge the time, place and situation. Nonetheless, she realised within a second and tried to separate herself from Manik.

Nandini: (Whined) " Ahhh....Ouch."

Her wail made Manik awake. He looked at his wife with surprise. Nandini was rolling her eyes at him.

Nandini:( Pretending anger) "Could you care to leave me so that I can move and get up?"

Manik moved his hands from her back and pandiculated.

Manik: (In a sleepy voice) "Go, who is stopping you?"

Nandini: (With gritted jaw) "You are stopping. Your junior is stopping."

She pointed towards their lower portion. Manik followed her hint and realised that he is still inside her. A naughty grin beamed in his eyes. Within a second he rolled and changed their position by having Nandini completely under him.

Manik: (Huskily) "Thank you for mentioning that. My junior needs a morning dose. Otherwise, he can't move from his sweet home."

Manik tried to join their lips when Nandini covered his mouth with her fingers.

Nandini: (Exasperated) "Manik, have you lost it? It's morning. I was supposed to leave at night only. How will I go out now?"

Manik:( Removed her hand from his mouth) "What a big deal? You don't have any work today. So, stay here for the entire day. Nobody will disturb you. At night after coming from the office, I will drop you."

Nandini scrunches her eyes to give it a thought and smiled at last.

Nandini: "Okay, but at least leave me now. Let me get up to make the tea."

Manik: (Huskily) "Not now. First my junior's morning workout."

He again tried to fuse their lip when a sound made Nandini ashen-faced.

"Ting....Tong....Ting .....Tong....Mr Malhotra...."

..........................

Manik's flat: livingroom: 9:40 am:

Manik opened the door with an annoyed face. Cabir was standing impatiently in front of the doorway. A mid forty's woman wearing a saree in Maharashtrian style was trying to peep inside the room who was standing juxtaposed.

Cabir: (Smiling) "Good morning Mr Malhotra. Hope I am not disturbing you. Actually, I called you a couple of times, just to know if you are at home but you didn't pick it up so I have to come here without informing you. Hope you didn't mind."

Manik turned his face partially and stole a glance of the inside from the corner of his eyes. Although Nandini immediately hid inside the bathroom following his hint, a forced uncomfortable smile plastered on his flabbergasted face.

Manik: (Botox smile) "Oh... Hello Mr Dixit. Sorry, I woke up late in the morning. I was doing some office work last night. My phone must be silent. I didn't notice."