Chapter 15- "When Cavya met..."

Manik's cabin: 1:40 pm:

Manik propelled into his cabin and relaxed in his chair.

Manik: (Jubilantly) "Yeah, your sis–in–law is good. There is some problem aroused which I will tell you some other time.....No, no nothing serious. Don't worry.....You tell me, when are you coming?

Manik kept his mobile on the table and tapped the speakerphone button.

Dhruv: "That's why I called you. I am coming to Mumbai tomorrow evening. Send me your address."

Manik switched on his laptop and opened some files when Dhruv's words made him jolt on his chair in excitement.

Manik: (Yelled) "Really? For how many days? Oh... Nandini will be so excited. She has been nagging me to call you since we decided to shift to Mumbai. But...wait a minute. What did you say? When are you coming?"

Manik scooted forward to listen properly. His brows arched in confusion.

Dhruv: "Tomorrow evening. Don't worry. You don't need to come to the airport. I will come by myself. You just send me the address."

Manik: (Wobbled in irritation) "No, that's not the problem. See, if I can't go to the airport, Nandini will go to receive you. You don't need to worry."

Dhruv: (Chuckled)" Mumbai made you busy, Bro. No problem, I will be happier to be received by my sis-in-law. Okay, now I have to go back to work. I have messaged you my flight number and time. See you tomorrow. Bye."

Manik: "Bye."

Manik cut the call and sighed. 'Soha's party spoilt everything. Let me call Nandini and ask if she can go to receive Dhruv.' Manik thought loud and tapped Nandini's number. Within a couple of rings, the call had been received.

Nandini: "Hello Manik...have you had your lunch? I have something to tell you...Cab......"

Manik: (Bobbed his head) "Just leave this topic Nandini. Now listen to me first. I have something more important to discuss."

Nandini: (After a pause)"Yeah, tell me."

Manik ignored the irritation in her tone. It was not the time to pamper her.

Manik: "Dhruv is coming tomorrow. Can you go to the airport to get him?"

Nandini: (Surprised)" Sure I can, but what about you? Are you not going?"

Manik: (Sighed in frustration)"That's the problem. Soha has invited me to a party at the same day same time and I didn't know about Dhruv's plan before I agreed to attend it. So I thought to request you..."

Manik paused for a while. He was feeling guilty.

Nandini: (Sternly)" There is no need to request. He is like my brother and thankfully I am not as busy as you. Don't worry I will go."

The taunt in her voice didn't get unnoticed by Manik. Soha's name made her jealous. He bit the inner wall of his cheek.

Manik: (In light tone)"Yeah, I am actually very busy for the coming two days. By the way, you were about to say something..."

He halted to listen from Nandini.

Nandini: (In a cold tone)"Nothing, will tell you some other time. I don't want to disturb you during your busy hours. Bye."

She cut the call abruptly made Manik purse his lips in disappointment.

Manik: (Whispered in despondency) "This girl. Always ready to fight with me. Don't worry, I will compensate, Baby."