Chapter Thirty-Five

Emery

I am so bored. James left to do a mission and I miss him. I've done all that I could do today. I cleaned, I read, I watched tv and read some more after that. I'm still bored. It's also so late. Midnight.

The maids, even Maria, were gone today too. James gave them the weekend off to spend time with their families. Maria was even on a vacation to Hawaii.

I hope James takes me on vacation one day. I would love to go to Bora Bora. It's a beautiful place and so peaceful. A place of peace and positivity.

And what doesn't make this better is that it's the time of the month and these cramps are killing me. I groan as I once shifted so I could get comfortable on the bed.

I'm wearing black sweats and a white t-shirt and I'm laying under a huge towel I placed under me so I don't end up leaking on the bed. That'll be so embarrassing for James to see.

Nessa has come over to bring me chocolates and stuff and they helped but I ended up eating all. I wished she could buy me a whole bag.

I hear the door open and close and James walk in, looking tired. Blood on his face and his shirt. He had a bruised lip, cut up cheek and a black eye. I gasped and immediately ran to him.

"James, are you okay?" I asked worriedly while examining his bruises.

"Yeah, Em. I'm alright." He replies hissing when I touched his black eye.

"No you're not." I said. "Sit down and take your clothes off while I find a first aid kit."

I ran into the bathroom and took out a first aid kit. I walk back into the room and he was sitting on the bed. His shirt was on the floor and I didn't want the blood to get into the carpet so I picked it up with my index finger and my thumb and put it in a bag for me to wash up later. He chuckles and I turn to him.

"You're cute." He says and I shake my head and walk to him and sat on his lap to where I was straddling him.

"What happened?" I asked while applying Neosporin to his bruises.

"Stuff you don't need to be worried about." He replies and I roll my eyes. "Don't be sassy with me, cutie." He says and I look up at him and frowned.

I got done cleaning his bruises and his face and stood up to walk back in the bathroom. I place the kit back where I found it and he comes in and wraps his arms around my waist, bending down so that his chin was on my shoulder.

He places little kisses on my neck, cheek and ear. I close my eyes and let him embrace me in his warm arms. I turned around and hugged his waist.

I don't know why but I started crying. I don't like to see him beaten up and hurt. It hurts me just as much as it hurts him but more emotionally. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.

"What's wrong, babe?" He asks in a comforting voice.

He grabs me and picks me up and sits me on the bathroom counter. He picks my head up with his finger and I look at him with my tears eyes while he looked back at me with his sad ones.

"I don't like to see you hurt." I said and ended up sobbing again in his chest.

"Baby, it's okay. I'm alright." He kisses my head while I kept crying in his chest.

"But you're hurt." I said whimpering looking at his bruises once more.

"I am now because you're crying. You know I don't like to see you upset and crying." He said and kisses my forehead. "Please stop crying, okay? I'm okay. I promise you." He says and I look into his green eyes.

"What if you're on a mission and something happens to you?" I ask. "I almost lost you once and I can't lose you."

I place my head back into his chest and sobbed remembering the time he got shot. The gunshot, his face, and his whole body form still lingers in my head. Sometimes I have dreams that he got shot but never woke up.

"Nothing's gonna happen."

He grabs my face in his two hands and raise my head up to look at him.

"Don't worry your pretty little head. Everything's fine." He said and I nod. "Can you please stop crying now? It hurts my heart." He says and I nod.

He picks me up off of the counter and carries me to our bed. I didn't even remember how late it was. It was almost 2 in the morning.

"I got you something." He says and brings a bag to me.

I look in the bag to see a lot of chocolate bars, candies and chocolate ice cream. I smiled and hugged him.

"Figure these are what girls desire while on their periods." He says and I nod.

"Thank you." I say already stuffing a chocolate bar in my mouth. He laughs.

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asks. "I thought you were to be asleep when I arrived."

"I fell asleep at 9pm and woke up at 1 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep." I said and he nods.

"I was also waiting for you." I told him. "I can't sleep without knowing if you were okay or not."

"I'm here now so you can go to sleep." He says and I nod.

I cuddled closer to him and put my head on his chest and he rubs my head while I circle my finger on his chest.

"Goodnight." He says and kisses my head.

"Goodnight." I said back and close my eyes.

***************
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x