Chapter Nineteen

Emery

I woke up and I was still on the bathroom floor. In the same dress and my hair was still a mess. I couldn't open my eyes fully because it was swollen due to my heavy sobbing.

I don't know what to do. I love James. I really do but I can't handle this. I shouldn't be going through this. He needs to talk to somebody. I don't wanna be with him but at the same time, I do because I love him and I wanna help him.

I unlocked the door from the bathroom and walked out. It was dark outside. I checked the time on the digital clock and saw that it was 3:15 in the morning. He's probably asleep.

I slowly unlocked the door. Before I could open it, it already opened. In revealed James. He stared at me for a while. I kept my head down. His stare was too intimidating.

I felt him walk closer to me. I stiffed up. He was going to hit me. I know he is.

Instead of feeling that sharp pain I haven't felt in a while, I felt him picking me up, bridal style, carrying me out of the room.

I looked up at him but he just stared ahead, looking away from me.

We got into the room and he set me on the floor. He plunged through the drawers and pulled out a pair of my pajamas.

I got the message and held my arms out. He took off my dress gently, wanting me not to get scared. I was scared either way. He could hurt me any second.

Once my dress was off, he looked at my body for a little bit. I covered my body with my arms, feeling a bit insecure. The scars. Some are still there.

I kept my arms out while he placed on my pajamas. Once I was fully dressed, he took my hair out of the braid and brushed my hair. He placed it in a ponytail.

He picked me back up in the same position and carried me to our bed.

Once he took off his shirt and pants, he laid beside me. He lifted his hand. I flinched once his hand came in contact with my cheek but it turns out he just wanted to caress it.

"Adam was my foster brother." I broke the silence. He sighed. "Turns our he's apart of a gang that yours partner with." I said. "He was apologizing for not being the brother he should've been to me back when I lived with him and his mom."

I see his face. He didn't look me in my eyes, he only looked down. I wanted him to feel bad for how he acted earlier. He let another girl kiss him then had the nerve to come at me the way he did.

"He told me that he would want to be a brother figure in my life and I agreed. He gave me his number and told me that if I needed him, I could call him. He gave me a kiss on the cheek but a brother type thing." I finished with a shaky sigh.

He finally spoke.

"I'm sorry." His voice sounded hoarse. Like he was crying.

I looked up at him. Sadness in his eyes. He took my hand and placed it upon his cheek. Tears were flowing down his eyes.

"Please. Don't leave me." He begged. "Don't leave me, please. I love you." He said. He started sobbing. It's hard to see the man I love breaking down in front of me.

I just looked at him, unable to say anything. So many questions were floating through my mind but I didn't want to ask them just yet.

"I love you, Em. I really love you and I'm sorry that I haven't been the best boyfriend but I can show you how much I love you and prove to you that I can be a good boyfriend for you." He said. He was looking into my eyes while I was staring at his tear filled ones.

"I'm not going to leave you. Even though I should." I said and he nods while tears are still flowing out of his eyes. "I love you, James. But I can't take anymore of your temper. I'm trying to help you but it's getting so hard." I said.

He looked me in my eyes. He knew I was right.

"Something's gotta give." I said. "Whatever it is, we can talk about it or you can talk to somebody else." I said. "I don't wanna have to feel that fear that I felt two months ago when you first brought me here. I don't wanna be scared or cold or distant but you make me that way," I said honestly.

I see his head going down.

"But, I won't leave you." I said. I lifted his head up to look at me. "You're not alone in this and we'll get through this together."

He nods. "I love you, baby. Whether you believe it or not, I love you so much. And I'm so sorry for everything." He said.

"I know and I love you too." I reply back.

He leans in and kisses my lips. I kissed back. He pulls away after a while.

"Who's Violet?" I asked a previous question.

"She was my ex wife." He replied.

"I know that but, you said you never had a girlfriend. That you've never experienced love." I said.

"She wasn't my girlfriend and I didn't love her." He said.

"Then why were you two married?" I asked.

"It was a forced marriage." He replies. "Her dad and Red's dad had some business they needed to take care of and instead of choosing Red to marry her, he chose me."

"When we got married, we did have sex but it never meant anything. It was only a fuck and nothing more. We just did it for pleasure." He said. I cringed.

"I swear, you were my first love and my first girlfriend." He said. "I'll never love anyone else because all of my love is for you."

I smiled. "I love you too." I said.

He kisses the palm of my hand that's still rested on my cheek.

"I think me having an attitude and getting angry at you earlier was valid, though. I'm not apologizing for that," I told him.

He chuckled. "Eh, I don't blame you," He said. "I should've told you the first time but I left it out. It's nothing you need to apologize for." He said and I smiled.

We both pressed our forehead against each other's while our eyes were closed. He was rubbing my leg while I was still caressing his cheek.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I said back smiling.

We both fell asleep in that position.

*************
So you finally find out about Violet and Adam. Adam is a good guy but Violet is not.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x