Chapter Seven

Emery

I wanna die, like I really do. No. I can't because that's what the people who are against me wants. I'm not going to give them that satisfaction. I woke up and wriggled out of James' arms. I looked at him and saw he was still sleeping. I headed for the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and I gasped silently. There were two red bruises on my cheek from when James slapped me yesterday. The memory of it made me cry silently.

"Isn't it a little bit too early to be crying?" I heard a voice from behind me. I didn't even bother to turn around knowing who it was. "So now you can't talk." He scoffed. "Unbelievable. When you're done with your little pity party, come downstairs for breakfast." I nodded my head and he left.

I decided to just get ready and just push through today. It's going to be rough but I can do it. At least I think I can. I took a shower and put on the clothes James ordered me and brushed my teeth and went downstairs.

I walked over to the table with my head down but I could feel James' eyes on me. I sat down. I looked at today's breakfast. It was a basic breakfast. Scrambled eggs with strawberries. I looked for the maid who made it and once I found her, I smiled. She gracefully smiled back.

I quickly started eating so I could go back upstairs. I couldn't stand to be in the same space as him. It was making me even more sad. I could feel his eyes still on me but I didn't dare to look up. I kept my head down.

"I'm going out for a few hours today." He informed me. "Alex and Red are busy today so you're going to have to entertain yourself." He said.

Ugh. I really wanted to see them. Those 2 are the only people who I feel comfortable around. It's like, they get me. They're both like best friends to me. I mentally groaned. I nodded my head and headed for upstairs.

I grabbed the book I got from the library yesterday and started reading it. It was very interesting. It's funny how the both the characters in the story have such a toxic relationship. But they still manage to make it work. Wish that could've been me and James. I heard him walk in and he walked towards me.

"Pride and Prejudice." He said smirking. "Read that book about a thousand times when I was younger." He said. I looked up at him and smirked slightly.

"I'm about to get ready to go." I nodded not taking eyes off of my book. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. What the hell?

I heard his footsteps walking downstairs and then the front door opening and closing. I was on my own for the day. What to do? What to do? I sat on the bed thinking about what adventures I should do today.

~

James

I really didn't have anything to do. I just needed an excuse to get out of the house to think. What's wrong with me? I feel like I ask myself that question WAY too much. We were the same as we were before. Not talking, her keeping her head down when she's in my presence. I mean, why would she want to talk to me? I'm fucked up.

The way I acted yesterday made me feel bad as a person. I hurt her physically and emotionally. I don't know what I was thinking by bringing that blonde headed slut in our bed. She wasn't that good anyway.

I did it to make her jealous but as soon as the slut left, I missed Emery's existence. I knew which guest room she went in because that was the only one familiar to her. I asked her twice to come in the room and she refused so I did what I knew best. I slapped her.

I'm not saying it's right because it isn't and I really want to change that but I can't. Something inside of me is keeping me from changing that. I found myself in front of a bar. I really needed to get drunk tonight.

Walking into the bar, I went up to the counter and sat down. I called for a number of shots. I drunk them down quick. I really just want to get over Emery. I'm not good for her.

A number of shots down and I'm drunk. I'm woozy and I can't focus or concentrate. How the hell am I supposed to get home? Oh well. I'll still drive. I grabbed my keys and headed out to the car.

I drove to the house as safely as I could. I probably missed a couple of stop signs along the way but it's fine I guess. Walking into the house, I look straight to the clock. It was 11:30pm. Damn, how long was I out of the house for?!

I walked upstairs trying not to fall. I can't afford to be in a hospital because of my stupidity. I walked in the room and saw her laying down. Back towards me. I changed out of my suit and into my tank top. I laid down beside her and rested my arm around her.

"I don't deserve you." I whispered into her ear. I knew she was up because she tensed up by my words. "But I just can't seem to let you go. Why are you having suck an effect on me?" I asked her. It was a rhetorical question but I really wanted to know the answer.

"I-I don't know," she said stuttering a little. I hate when she stutters.

"Stop stuttering baby." I said kissing the back of her neck. Ok, something's seriously wrong with me.

"I'm sorry," she said softly. Why is she apologizing? Is she that scared of me?

"Don't apologize, baby." I said into her hair. "Are you that afraid of me? Hmm?" I hummed into her hair. She nodded her head.

"I need words, baby." I said getting annoyed. I hate it when people nod or shake their heads. Answer me vocally.

"I'm frightened of you, James." She said breathily. "Sometimes, I don't know when you're going to hurt me or not. You scare me to the core." I then felt her body shake up. Is she crying?!

"Baby, turn around and look at me." She obeyed. Once I saw her red and puffy face, my heart broke.

I kissed her forehead and hugged her. She started crying again. I never showed compassion to anybody, especially a girl. She kept on crying.

"Shhh, don't cry." I said holding her. "I'm sorry I hurt you." I kissed her head. "I just lose it. You make me crazy, baby. It's like, I don't know who I am when I'm around you." I said, honestly.

"Why do you hurt me? What have I ever done to make you wanna hurt me so bad?" She asked I couldn't even answer her question but I know that I don't like hurting her. It makes me feel bad.

"I don't know," I said. "But sometimes, you gotta learn. You need to just be a good girl and obey my rules. That's all I ask. Ok?" She nodded her head.

"Fine," she said whispering. "Just don't hurt me anymore." She then scooted up closer into my chest. I have this feeling that she likes being comforted at night because of what she went through.

"Goodnight baby." I grabbed her chin and lifted her head towards mine and kissed her lips. She softly pulled away.

"Goodnight, James." She said. She soon shut her eyes and I did the same.

****************
Do you think James and Emery have a chance at getting along? Or will James ruin it again?

How did you like this chapter?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x