Chapter Eight

Emery

I woke up in James' arms. I wriggled myself out and headed for the bathroom. My mind couldn't forget about our conversation last night. I just had to be a "good girl" in his words, and he wouldn't hurt me. This time, I'll actually try.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face and as soon as I was done, I splashed water on my face. I went back up and saw him behind me. I stared at him through the mirror and he stared back.

He smirked and placed his palms on both my shoulders. He bent down and kissed the side of my neck. He sat back up and kissed the back of my head and left the bathroom. That was weird.

I walked downstairs to the dining room table where I saw him already eating breakfast. I sat down and ate mine silently. I don't have anything to say after our little 'convo' last night.

"Good morning." He finally spoke up. I looked up from my plate and saw that he was staring at me. His beautiful eyes present.

"Good m-morning," I said softly. I told him I'll be good so he won't hurt me again.

"Why are you always stuttering when you're talking to me?" He asked irritated. I didn't mean for him to get mad.

"I don't know." I said dipping my head down. "I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked. "Stop apologizing for things you don't do. It gets annoying." He said getting annoyed again. I nodded.

We continued to eat my breakfast. He was on his phone the whole time and I was sitting there trying so hard not to cry. I really want to go back to college but I don't know how to address it to him. Should I talk to him about it when he's in a better mood?

After I was done, I took my plate to the sink and walked upstairs. I felt bed seeing all the maids cleaning up our mess so I decided to clean mine up. I felt James' eyes on me so I decided not to make a big deal. I hope he doesn't get mad.

I walked upstairs and pulled out the book I got from the library and started reading. I was at a good part in the book now. I didn't even hear James walk into the room. He snatched the book from my hand.

"I'm going out today. Don't wait up." He then threw the book at me. The book his my face but I decided not to pay any mind to it.

After I heard his car backing out of the driveway, I started reading again. A couple minutes after, I heard a new car coming into the driveway. Is that James? He just left. Who is that?

I stayed in the room because it might've been someone I didn't know. I clutched my book in my hands and hid in his humongous closet. I stayed until I heard a familiar voice that made me smile.

"Hey yo, Em!" It was Alex. Alex and Red must be here. I got out of the closet and set my book down on the table. I opened the door and walked downstairs and there they were with the game bag.

"Hi, guys." I said smiling. As soon as I got downstairs, Alex engulfed me in a hug lifting me up from the floor. Red hugged me and kissed my cheek swiftly.

"What's up, Purple?" I rolled my eyes playfully at Red's new nickname for me. We all then started laughing.

Did James invite them here? I haven't seen them in a while and I'm so glad they're here. We all walked to the couch and poured out stuff from the game bag. It had a PS4 game console and a lot of video games. I never played video games so I was really nervous.

While Alex set up the console, Red went over each game to me and how it worked. There was GTA 4, Call of Duty and Mortal Kombat. I decided to pick Mortal Kombat. Alex taught me how to play and I honestly wanted to try it out.

I went up against Red first. I picked a character named Liu Kang and Red picked Green Lantern. I played my butt off. I beat Red twice in our rounds and he got tired of it, he handed the controller to Alex.

I ended up beating him too. They tried to get me to play the other games but I refused. We kept playing the game until it wore me out. We decided to watch a movie. We all sat on the couch and turned off the lights watching movies.

I like Alex and Red just like they were my own best friends. Of course, it's gonna take some time to warm up to each other but I'll wait. We were in the middle of "Inside Out" when we heard a car swerving in the driveway.

I guess that was a hint for Alex and Red to get ready to leave. I groaned dramatically and they both turned to me and smiled. Soon after, James walked through the door. They collected they're stuff. I went to hug them and say goodbye and they both kissed both of my cheeks. I laughed at their cheeky gesture. The door was then closed. It was now James and I. He looked at me, scoffed and went for upstairs. It's my time for me to ask him about college.

I followed him up the stairs and into our room where he was already shirtless with gym shorts on. Wow, he got changed quick. I stopped gawking at him and cleared my throat. His attention went straight to me.

"James. Can I ask you a question?" I asked fiddling with my fingers. Nervous wasn't even the word to be described in this situation.

"Yeah. Sit down." He patted his lap. Motioning for me to sit on it. I walked to him and sat on his lap.

"Umm." I said muttering. "I was wondering if I could... go back to college." I said quietly. I'm sure he heard me.

"Emery." He said. "You know the rules in this house. You're mine now." I still felt the need to convince him.

"But James." I said. "I can't quit college in the middle of a semester. I can't. Please let me go back." I begged.

"Emery." He said annoyed. "What did I say?" I still needed to try.

"But James..." he cut me off.

"EMERY! I said what I said! The answer is NO! Deal with it!" He gripped my face in his hands. Tears fell freely down my face.

"Stop with the fucking crying." I couldn't stop though. Tears kept falling out of my eyes. He then threw me on the floor, making me cry louder

He must've gotten annoyed because he quickly exit the room. I started crying again. I managed to pick myself up and head towards the bed. Why did he get like this again? And all because I asked to go to college. At this point, I'll just leave him alone. I cried until I fell asleep.

******************
Sorry if this is blah. I'm so exhausted between school and babysitting!

How'd you feel about this chapter?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x