Chapter Twenty

Emery

I saw James working on his laptop. I took a deep breath.

It's been two months since the post-party incident, four months now living with him. We're doing more better than we have been. He didn't wanna talk to a therapist so he talks to me. I'm glad we're growing more closer.

I've been wanting to ask him a question. I wanted a phone. I just hope he agrees with it.

I pulled down my white t-shirt and skipped over to him, smiling. He was so focused, he didn't notice me. I bent down next to his ear.

"Hiya." I said and he jumps a little then turns to look at me. He smiles.

"Hey, baby." He said. He puckers his lips, wanting a kiss so I bent down and gave him one.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Just some business work." He replies. He sighs.

"That must be fun." I said smiling.

"Trust me it isn't." He says chuckling. "Come here."

He grabs my waist and sits me down on his lap. I bend down to kiss his lips again. He kissed me back, surprised. I chuckled.

"Someone's in a good mood." He said and I chuckle.

"Well, it's a great day." I said. He noticed something was wrong.

"What is it, Em?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"You want to tell me something." He said. "What is it you want to tell me?"

"Ok, um..." I paused. "Can I get a phone?" I asked him.

His face looked like he was debating on whether to get me one or not.

"James, please." I begged. "I'll use it to play games and watch YouTube or Netflix. Oh, and I can call Elena and Nessa and Adam." I said.

"Ok." He said.

"Ok what?" I asked.

"I'll get you a phone." He said. "Which one do you want?"

"I honestly don't know." I replied chuckling.

"What was your last phone you had?" He asked.

"A Samsung Galaxy." I replied.

"Oh no." He said. "You're getting an iPhone. Better yet, an iPhone 11. How does that sound?" He said and I smiled wide.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you James!" I said hugging him. I planted a kiss on his lips.

"Mwah." I said while I pulled away.

"Happy?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm glad." He said. He looked at his watch.

"I have to continue work so I'll be upstairs later." He said and I smiled.

"No, I wanna stay here." I put my legs over the arm of the chair while leaning my head in his chest. I wrapped my arms around his torso and played with the buttons on his suit.

"Oh, well that's even better." He said and I chuckled.

He continued working. There wasn't any sounds except the clicking of the keys every time he typed in something. I sighed.

I was feeling myself getting tired so I just got in a comfortable position and closed my eyes, falling asleep in his chest.

James

I'm finally done after almost an hour of trying to get this shipment right. I look down to see Emery sleeping peacefully. Soft snores coming out of her mouth. I chuckled at her cuteness.

I got out of my chair and carefully carried her up and once I got in our room, I laid her down on the bed and covered half of her body up with the duvet.

I walk back downstairs. Maria and 3 other maids were here. I called Maria over.

"What is it?" She said once she's in front of me.

"I'm about to go out and Emery is asleep. When she wakes up, tell her I'm out." I informed her and she nods.

"Alright. Is there anything specific you want for dinner?" She asks.

"No ma'am. Anything is fine." I said. She nods and walks back off to the other maids.

Maria is like a grandma to me. She's been with me ever since I was a little boy and chose to stay even when I became a mafia leader. She's tough on me when I need it. I know not to disrespect her because she'll get me in line. I respect her more out of all the woman I know, except Emery.

I got in my car and called up Red. Alex was out of town, visiting his family in Hawaii. Lucky ass.

I parked in front of Red's house, waiting for him to hurry his ass up. I'm a very impatient person.

He soon walks out, combing his hair and I rolled my eyes. He placed the small comb in his back pocket. He got in the car.

"What's going on, man?" He said and pats my shoulder.

"Nothing much." I said and placed my shades on.

"Where we headed to?" He asked.

"The mall." I said and he gives me a look.

"Why?" He asked.

"I wanna get some stuff for Emery. Show her how much I appreciate her." I said.

"Aww that's sweet. Now remind me why I have to come with you?" He asks.

"I don't know what to get a girl her age and I need some assistance." I said and he smiled.

"You got the right one." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said and started up the car.

We were driving for 20 minutes and finally reached the mall. Not to many people know who we are so there weren't many stares. I saw the Apple Store first and went in there.

I walked up to the receptionist. She looked up from her phone and smiled at me.

"Welcome to the Apple Store. Is there anything I can get you?" She asks.

"Yes. Um, do you guys sell iPhone 11's here." I asked.

"We do." She replied. "Would you like to get one?" She asks.

"Yes, please." I replied. "Also a MacBook Air if y'all sell that, too." I add in.

"We do sell them. What color do you want the iPhone?" She asks.

"Do you guys have a Mint green color?" I asked and she nods.

"Mint green." I confirmed and she nods.

She comes back with an iPhone and MacBook box in her hands.

"A pair of earbuds too, as well." I said.

She gets earbuds off of the rack behind her.

"$1,590 is your total cost." She said. I took out my wallet and gave her my credit card which had 5 million dollars on it so this was nothing.

She swiped it and I had to put in my PIN number. While doing that, she bagged up the devices in two bags. I handed them to Red.

While we were at the mall, I decided to get her some other stuff. I got her some new clothes, scrunchies, jewelry and perfume. And books. I know how much she loves to read.

We were done with our shopping spree for Emery. I sighed.

"That's a lot of money for one person." Red says and I laugh.

Time to surprise my baby.

*************
The Spoil Emery era has now begun lol

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did enjoy, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading. All love x