Chapter Twenty-Eight

Emery

These past two weeks have been dreadful. I miss James. I hate him for making me leave but I know he's doing this to protect me and to get help for himself.

Axel have been in contact with him and always tells me he's doing good but that's not enough. I need details. I've tried to call him but he denies them every time.

I've stayed in their little guest room they've provided for me. I don't come out unless I need to. There's no happiness if James is not with me.

Nessa has been trying to cheer me up but she soon stopped trying once she realized I'll be like this for a while. Axel is almost never here so it's only me and her. It's quiet.

Right now, I'm sketching in my sketchbook Axel had bought for me. I wanted to draw James. I drew butterflies, a portrait of me and even a tv show character.

I never drew James so I felt the need to. Just so I can be reminded that he's here with me. At the bottom, I wrote "Mi Amante."

It means "my lover" in Spanish. Axel and Nessa has taught me Italian and Spanish while I was here. Being as though I hear them speak it a lot.

I got thirsty so I got up and walked downstairs for a bottle of water. I see Axel washing dishes. Nessa wasn't anywhere. He looked to me and smiled.

"Hey, sorella." That means "sister" in Italian.

"Hey, Axel." I greeted back.

"Are you hungry? I'll make you something real quick." He wipes his hand on a towel.

"No thank you. I just came for water." I told him and he nods. "Where's Nessa?" I ask.

"She's out grocery shopping. She'll be back in a bit. She also mentioned going to the mall too so it'll just be me and you for a while." He said and I nod.

I place the glass in the sink and went to walk back upstairs.

"Emery, wait." He called stopping.

"Come here, tell me what's on your mind." He said. "I barely see or talk to you unless it's about... you know."

I nod and sit down on the couch. Axel sits beside me.

"Tell me what's on your mind and be honest." He says.

"James." I told him. I look at him.

"I think about him all the time. It kills me not being able to talk to him." I said and he nods.

"Is he doing alright?" I ask.

"He's in therapy. He's doing alright." He told me and I nodded.

Tears fill my eyes and I soon find myself crying. Axel places my head on his lap while shushing and rubbing my arm.

"Shhh, it's okay. He's okay." He said.

"I know, I just miss him." I said.

"He misses you too, sorella. Don't be sad." He comforts but I couldn't help it.

"James wouldn't want you sit here and crying. He would want you to enjoy your life." He says.

He's right. James would want me having fun, being happy and having faith in him. But I'm doing the opposite. I'm depressed and isolating myself from everybody and I can't do that.

"You're right." I sniffle. I sit up and wipe my eyes and my nose with a tissue.

"I'm always right." He says smirking and I punch his shoulder playfully and he laughs.

"Thank you, fratello." I told him. "Brother" in Italian.

"Nessun problema, tesoro." He says and I chuckle.

"So, you wanna watch a movie?" He asks and I nod.

He puts on "Despicable Me" on the tv since he knows I love it.

We were laughing at a part and Nessa comes in. She smiles. Axel pauses the tv and we both got up. Axel hugs her and kisses her lips.

"Ewww." I said and they chuckle.

"How are you, Emery?" Nessa asks.

"I'm good." I replied honestly.

"So, dinner tonight? What's the plan?" Axel asks.

"Pizza and ice cream." Nessa and I say at the same time and we look at each other and laugh.

"Aye aye aye, in cosa mi sono cacciato?" Axel mutters in Italian.

"Two really hungry girls." I reply since I knew what he said and he widen his eyes in shock.

Nessa and I laugh and we both walk upstairs in the guest room I stay in. We plopped down on the bed.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"I'm great." I replied.

"It's great to see you happy." She said.

"I know." I said chuckling. "You wanna see something?" I ask and she nods.

I pull out my sketchbook and show my sketch I did of James. She gasps.

"Emery, that's really good. You capture every feature of him." She says.

"Thank you. Now he's even with me in the book." I say and she chuckles.

After a few minutes, we both walk downstairs and joined Axel on the couch.

We all laughed and ate dinner. With our ice cream. This by far has been the best day I've had in two weeks.

James is still in my heart and mind but I stay happy because I know that's what he would want. He would want me to be happy.

Axel and Nessa were in bed. I stayed downstairs. I put on some shoes and a jacket. I decided I should go for a nightly walk.

I open and close the door quietly and walked down the street. Walking.

I come across a bench and sat down, looking at the stars. I remember James words one night when we were looking at the stars.

"Look at the stars. They're beautiful and shine bright. You are my star. You'll always shine bright in my heart and I'll always love you, mi amor."

I smile remembering his words. I pull out my phone and track the time. It's getting late so I stand up to walk back to the house.

I could sense something or someone watching me and I turned around. I chuckled at myself thinking it was my imagination.

Soon, I feel a hand covering my mouth and another hand snatch my phone away. I scream in the hand.

"Shut the fuck up, suka." The deep male voice said.

I'm still panicking in the strange man's arms until I feel a cold barrel at my head. I realized it was a gun.

"I will blow your brains out if you don't shut up." He said and I nod.

"Tell boss we got her." The man said into a phone.

He covers my eyes with a blindfold and place a gag in my mouth. I feel myself being pushed inside of a car. And then we start moving.

What's happening?

*************
Emery's being kidnapped!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x